Chapter 6

Will was outside in castle Byers. He found himself staring at pictures and going through old art. He was wearing Mikes sweater, it'd been a week since their sleepover.  Mike had called everyday since and they talked for hours. Telling each other every detail about their days. Every detail, but neither of them complained.

Will heard as thunder began to start outside. He'd learned from his previous mistakes and brought an umbrella this time. He exited castle Byers, walking up the dirt trail and through the woods. Rain began to pour down on him. He didn't mind much though. He walked slowly, breathing in the air. He loved the smell of rain.

Will walked inside the house, closing the umbrella and pulling off his muddy shoes. He began walking down the hallway when he ran into Eleven and Max. "Oh hey Will! We were just looking for you." Max said. Will looked at her confused. "Oh?" He said. "Right! Uh, have you heard from Mike?" Eleven said eagerly. "Yeah he's been calling me all week." Will said, even more confused. "Calling you? He hasn't mentioned me?" Eleven said, looking angry. "Uh no. Not really why?" Will said. Eleven looked pissed and heartbroken at the same time. "We're going over there." Eleven said, looking at Max. "I don't think that's a good idea." Max said. Eleven shoved Will out of the way, causing him to hit his shoulder on the wall. "Jesus el! Chill out." Max said, following behind her. "Wait it's-" They ran out the door, "raining." He sighed.

————————————————————

Eleven knocked on the basement back door. "Mike!" She yelled. "El, I think you really need to calm down." Max said, looking at her fearfully. Mike opened the door, eleven immediately pushing herself into the room and pulling Max along. Mike closed the door. "Why haven't you called me!" Eleven yelled, shoving a finger in his face. "What? We broke up!" Mike said defensively. "You didn't call at all! You don't want to fix this?!" Eleven said, losing her bearings. Mikes mouth had fallen open, tears began to spill from elevens eyes. Mike took a deep breath.

"No. I don't want to fix it." He said.

Max's eyes widened in shock, that was not what she was expecting. Elevens chest heaved angry breaths. "What do you mean? You don't want to fix it?" She said with choked sobs. "I. You were right. I don't love you. I'm not gonna drag you along anymore. We're obviously just holding each other back." Mikes words were like a knife through the heart, and he could tell. "Eleven I'm sorry. But I know this is what you need." He said. "What I need is you!" Eleven wiped her eyes. "I can't give you that. Not really." Mike said truthfully. "Why not?" Eleven cried. Mike shook his head with a sigh.

"I don't know." He said, genuinely having no clue why he was the way he was. Why he couldn't return the feelings. "I really don't know. But I'm not gonna lie to you anymore." Max stood in awkward silence. "So it was all just a lie? You never loved me?" Eleven said, stepping closer. Mikes eyes were now filled with their own tears. "No. Not any more than a friend." Mike bit his lip harsh, closing his eyes and preparing to be hit. He fully suspected Eleven to use her powers on him. Eleven stepped back, shaking her head at him and leaving the basement. Max followed her.

The rain was pouring even harder now. Eleven and Max were walking down the sidewalk. "Listen El. I've really got to get home." Max said, grabbing her by the shoulder. Eleven turned to look at her. Her eyes were puffy. Her hair dangled in front of them. "I'm so sorry el. I'm really sorry." Max said. Eleven just shook her head in response, max began heading in the opposite direction, going home.

——————————————————

Eleven walked into the house. Shivering and wet she went to her room, everyone was asleep from what she could tell. She changed into some dry clothes and sat on her bed. She looked around her room, staring at pictures of mike and gifts he'd given her. She was hit with a wave of anger. How could he do this to me? What did I do wrong? She stood up, and with tears streaming down her face she ripped away as many memories as she could. Throwing away every reminder.

When she was done, the walls were bare. Her trashcan was full and overflowing. She brushed through her hair, lying down on the bed. She rubbed her eyes and breathed in heavily.

At least she still had Max.

————————————————

AN: Might end up writing less bc of school. I'll try my best though.