chapter 27 - forever

𝐘/𝐍

Evelyn and I quickly stand up and make our way to the main office, for the second time that same day. 

Once we arrive, Mr. Li recognizes us from this morning, and mumbles "Ah. Evelyn, Y/N. Feeling uh.. any better?"

Evelyn shakes her head and clutches her stomach. I hold in a laugh. 

"Well. Some packages came for the 2 of you. Uhm. Feel better." he says, as he hands us the stacks of packages under our names. 

We nod, and walk slowly back into the hallway outside the main office. As soon as we're out of sight from Mr. Li, we sprint to our dorm, giggling wildly.

We close the door behind us and plop all 8 of our packages, 3 big boxes and 1 small one each, onto our tables. 

We begin opening the big ones and instructing each other where to put the decor. 

Evelyn doesn't open her small box, and neither do I. I don't know what's in hers, but I have a surprise for us in mine. 

We play our combined playlist and begin. 

In Evelyn's first box, there were fake vines, which are very in style these days. We decided to drape them over our bunk beds' ladder. We have simple, cream colored bedding, so the vines go nice with them. 

In my first box were some posters i ordered from a small business, and some white twinkle lights. It consisted of some butterfly portraits, painting of records, and bookshelves, etc. 

We decided to hang them up over my table, since it matched my aesthetic. When Evelyn opened her second box, i see she also ordered posters like mine, but they matched her aesthetic more. Retro lights, pictures of skates, etc. She picked purple twinkle lights to match. 

She put them over her table, of course, like I did mine. 

In my second box was a big, beige bordered light-up mirror, which was shaped like a heart. We put it in between our desks. Beige matched our liking perfectly. 

The third box Evelyn had contained led lights and a bunch of little desk decor. We put the lights  on the ceiling of our room, and turned them baby pink. 

She put the desk decorations on her desk, and while she did so, i opened my third box.

My third box had a bunch of little things for my desk as well, like framed pictures and paintings, some candles, a globe, a brown woodenn box, which i decided to use for jewelry, amd a few fake succulents. 

Once we're done, we sit on my bed and admire our room. It looks so much better now. We bask in the glory of it for a couple minutes, and then i climb down the ladder and grab my smallest box. 

When i'm about to make my way back up, Evelyn calls down "Oh, can you bring mine too?" I nod and take up hers as well. 

Once I settle back into the warmth of the blanket, I look at her. "So. When we were shopping online, I found something, and so I bought it," i say, gesturing to the box in my hands. "And. Well, you'll see." 

I take up the scissors and open the box, and there's an even smaller, baby blue box inside. I open the box and trun it towards Evelyn. 

I bought us pandora friendship rings. 

They're the classic wishbone rings, and they were just too beautiful to not get. 

Her jaw drops and she looks at me in disbelief. Then she squeals. "I cannot believe you!" she swats at me. "You shouldn't have bought these! They're so expensive! But thank you so much, Y/N! These will look adorable on us."

I grin widely at her. "I did, though. We need these."

I take it out and put it on her middle finger, and she does the same for me. 

We look at them for a bit, and then she looks at me.

"I kinda got us a little something too." 

She pulls her box up and opens it. 

"Now i know we've had plenty of friendship necklaces in the 13 years we've been friends, but these are more elegant than those rainbow, emoji ones we always had."

She hands me the box, and its a pair of necklaces from pandora. One pink, one silver. 

I gasp at the sight. "Evelyn!" I smack her arm. "I saw these too! But they were so crazy expensive. You're an absolute idiot!"

She grins. "Like you, I had to. Now shut up and stop whining. Let me put it on you."

We walk down the ladder and to the new heart mirror, and we take turns putting the necklaces on each other. 

We look in the mirror for a bit, and we decide to take a cute mirror picture, which we posted on our instagrams. 

I hug her, and she hugs me back, tight. 

"Best friends forever." she says.

"I promise." I say, holding out my pinky, for a pinky promise. 

She takes it with her own. 

I'm so lucky to have an Evelyn Mila Katz in my life.