chapter 9 - the meeting

𝐘/𝐍

I'm sitting in the Dining Hall with Evelyn, and we're going over our day together. She's already found her way to all of her classes, and we're talking about how lovely the school is.

I haven't told her about what happened with Louis at the pond today. She's so excited to talk about her day, and i don't want to interrupt.

"And the library, god Y/N, you just have to see it"

I smile at her. "The outside area isn't too shabby either, the fish pond is so brilliant. I think we're gonna love it here."

She gives me back a grin and we return to our dinner.

After we hopped out the pond last night, Louis asked for my number. Of course i gave it to him, and we've been texting since then. I haven't told Evelyn that bit either, and i'm not willing to interrupt her train of thoughts just yet. Maybe another time.

I haven't made any new friends so far, but Evelyn seems to be getting along just fine with everyone. 2 girls had joined her whilst she was walking around campus, and now they sit alongside us, at our table. One red headed girl with freckles on her face, and one brunette with green eyes. Evelyn has always been more extroverted than me, and she had no problem with starting a conversation with them.

I, on the other hand, was trying to find ways to leave. Then my phone beeps.

Its from Louis.

London Boy

Hey, how would you like that tour now?

I smile at the text.

Meet me at the Dining Hall doors in 10? I responded.

See you there.

Finally, i have a reason to leave. I grab my plate and tell Evelyn i'll be back by midnight, and she gives me a thumbs up as i leave to put my plate away.

As i'm walking towards the door, i see Louis already there.

He beams at me when i get there and i give him a smile back.

We walk out towards the hall, where it's quieter and easier to communicate.

"So.. have you seen the library yet?"