"Well, uh, can you see me now?" He asked again sounding even closer.

"Maybe you're a little bit less blurry?" I lied. It was pitch black. I couldn't see anything.

"How about now?" He asked.

"Nope, nothing I said, feeling flushed as I could sense he was really close. The next thing I knew he was kissing me. And boy did it feel amazing.

"Woah, what's that?" He suddenly said as he stopped.

"What's what?" I asked.

"That was nothing, just a reflection from the silverware. Look I'd better take her upstairs!" I heard Patricia say as she suddenly tugged me out of my chair.

"Wait but," I heard Eddie calling out.

"What was that for Patricia! I mean I know I probably shouldn't have done that being with Jerome and all but Eddie said he didn't mind sharing and sure maybe I should talk to Jerome first about liking him too but..." I rambled as Patricia guided me up the stairs.

"No it's not that! It was the glowing again!" She hissed at me. "You know like last year when you kissed Jerome?" I stopped.

"Seriously?" I asked. "Damn it! Is that going to happen every time I try to kiss someone? Because it's not exactly subtle!" I complained.

"I don't know, but I don't think it's a good idea to go around kissing anyone at the moment," she said as she sat me on my bed. I groaned as I lay down. Well that's no fun!

*****

"Jerome won't help us get Layla's necklace back!" Nina complained as they all joined me in our room for the rest of lunch. I opened my mouth to tell them that they were wrong but before I could Fabian asked Alfie if he had any ideas.

"Okay, Jerome's looking for this gem that his dad lost years ago and he found it, then he lost it, and now Vera's stolen it," he told them. I frowned. What was that last bit about losing it?

"I'm sorry. Say pretty much all of that again," Fabian said.

"Okay, Jerome's looking for this gem," Alfie started to repeat.

"Duh, duh, duh, don't worry about it," Fabian said.

"But why would Vera do that?" Amber asked.

"Maybe she confiscated it because she knew he wasn't supposed to have it. But if we get it," Nina said.

"We could make a deal with Jerome. Good plan," Fabian finished for her.

"Guys! Jerome isn't seriously going to not give me back my necklace!" I argued but I could hear them already leaving the room and sighed in frustration as I laid back down on my bed. I was going to need help getting back to school.

Jerome's POV

"I was gonna give it back to Layla anyway," I said as I rolled my eyes and traded Layla's necklace for the gem. But at least I had it back now. I just wished everyone, especially her sister, could start trusting me more. I knew how much Layla cared about her opinion.

*****

Layla's POV

"So you really can't see anything?" Jerome asked as he guided me down the halls after lunch.

"Nope," I replied as I bit my lip, feeling guilty about having kissed Eddie. "Um Jerome, I have something to tell you and you might not like it," I said slowly.

"You can tell me anything," he said.

"Well...um...Eddie kissed me earlier, but Patricia said there was that glowing thing that happened like when you and I did last year and I know I probably should have told you sooner that I maybe might like him a little but I also like you to and I don't want to jeopardize that and I'm really sorry!" I said all in one breath. "Jerome?" I asked after a long moment of silence.