House of Kidnap

Layla's POV

"Let's go," I hissed once Victor had left.

"What is it?" Amber asked as we stared at the vial Victor had drunk.

"I don't know," Fabian said.

"Guys! Can we please get out of here?" Amber pleaded.

"Don't! You don't know what's in it!" Nina gasped as Fabian went to drink the liquid.

"Hello? Does anyone else realize we are in danger?" Amber called out.

"Let's not get hysterical about it," Fabian told her.

"Please can we go!" She pleaded again and suddenly we heard a wailing sound and all bundled together. "Let's not get hysteric about it?" She teased Fabian who had been the most frightened.

"Let's get out of here now," Fabian rushed to say.

"Oh, now you listen," Amber rolled her eyes but we dashed up the tunnel none the less.

*****

"Amber? Amber? Amber!" Nina called out as she shook our roomate.

"What?!" She grumbled blearily.

"You have to get up. We'll be late," I told her.

"I can't. I didn't sleep a wink all night," she mumbled.

"Except for right now?" Nina pointed out.

"Truth time. Do you believe in werewolves Nina? What about you Layla?"

"No," we both laughed at the same time.

"Why?"

"I think that's what was making the wailing noise last night," she explained.

"Amber, I don't think that was a werewolf," Nina said.

"Well, what else could have made a noise like that?" Just as she said that, our door opened and we heard a meow.

"A Cat?" I said. "Aww, how cute, look Neens!" I exclaimed as I bet down and picked the fellow up. He was adorable.

"A cat?" Fabian asked at breakfast.

"Yeah. A black Cat, of course. Nothing could ever be not creepy in this place," Nina said.

"And we're hiding it in our room! Cat-napping.
Get it? Ha ha ha," Amber laughed at her joke.

"And you think this is what was making the wailing noise last night?" Fabian asked.

"Mwooow! Mwooow! Mwooow!" Amber said as if to explain.

"Stop making that dreadful noise. Why were you making that noise exactly?" Victor suddenly asked as he walked by.

"Drama exercises. Mr Winkler says I need to breathe from my diaphragm," Amber said automatically.

"Dang, Nina, now THAT's how you lie!" I whispered to my sister. Amber grinned at me proudly.

"Have you lost anything Victor?" Fabian asked.

"Maybe we can help you find whatever it is you lost," I suggested.

"Yeah. Nina and Layla are super sleuthy," Fabian confirmed.

"Course I haven't lost anything!" Victor said though it was clear he was lying.

"Did you see his reaction? It's obviously Victor's Cat!" Nina whispered.

"Victor doesn't have a Cat," Amber said.

"Tell that to his Cat," Nina replied. "He must have been hiding it in the cellar. That's why the wailing sounded so loud."