CHAPTER EIGHT

[Eight] Why was I picked to distract the literal psychopath?

[Eight]
Why was I picked to distract the literal psychopath?

Anastasia sat on the couch the morning after the party and JJ hadn't said a single word to her. Usually after fights and parties JJ would not shut the fuck up about how pissed off he was or about the girls he flirted with but after last night he hadn't spoken. It was very unlike him and even Kie who didn't go to the party was concerned. JJ was worried about Anastasia and her new interest in Rafe Cameron. With John B gone he had to take over his role of taking care of her and he hated it. He knew John B would be home soon but he was pissed off at Anastasia and what she let Rafe do with her the previous night.

JJ looked over at Anastasia and his eyes instantly landed on the new set of bruises around her neck. He hated that they were a reminder that he couldn't protect her and that she was fragile and he let her get hurt.

"Your silence is actually scaring me." Kie said sharply as she walked into the room.

JJ looked up at her before averting his eyes to Anastasia who was sitting directly across from him. She furrowed her eyes brows and gave him a dirty look as he wouldn't look away from her.

"You are literally a child!" Anastasia huffed as she looked away from him.

"I wasn't the one fraternizing with the enemy last night." JJ mutters angrily.

"I was drunk and grow up it wasn't bad!" Anastasia yells at him.

"Wait what happened last night?" Kie asks him sharply.

"Rafe Cameron's mouth was all over her titties." JJ says with a hint of jealously in his tone.

"What the fuck?" Kie asks Anastasia in disbelief.

Anastasia can feel both their judgmental eyes on her as her face started to match the color of her hair.

"When people dare me to do shit I'm not gonna back down... and did I mention I was drunk." Anastasia says a bit flustered as she tries to dig herself out of the hole she put herself in.

"The Cameron's are throwing a party tonight." Pope announced as he entered the room.

He immediately took in the awkwardness of the room as he sat down next to Anastasia.

"That's so tone deaf of them... there daughter is supposedly dead." Kie scoffed in annoyance.

"I bet Rafes taking Ana as his date." JJ says with venom practically dripping out with every word.

"So you can fuck any girl at a party and not get shit for it and I do one little thing and you're on my ass!" Anastasia shouts at JJ in disgust.

"ITS RAFE CAMERON. He's a murder and the worst person in existence." JJ screams at her as he stares at her with disappointment in his eyes.