Halfway down the hallway, her teeth had shuttered as she concentrated on walking steadily. She felt her heart pump at a steady rate, but before she could get to the end she felt a small and fragile hand pull her in. Her heart had popped out of it's place from fear, with a sudden twist the door was slammed shut. Ebony noticed a small, cheery little boy. Ebony's heart paced, but then she heard the roaring racing steps abrupt from the hall with a large clamorous thunder; she fell to the floor. The little boy smiled at Ebony and placed her hood down from coverage. He wore a bear onesie that covered his curly black hair. "Those things have been passing the hall very fastly, you could of gotten hurt!" The boy said with a raspy voice, innocently. Children were lucky to have such a warm and softness to the pureness of their soul. A girl stood beside a lamp, eyeing a glare at him before beginning to examine the object opposing the light more diligently. The luminous space was secluded along with her. Somehow it still grabbed her attention, maybe because the room was somewhat dark. "Why were you running out in the hall?" She softly spoke, her voice from beyond the blue. The voice caught Ebony off guard, not expecting a question for whatever reason— although it should of been expected. "I was looking for a friend, but I didn't think those— people? I don't really know, but I didn't think they would get in so fast." The girl looked over with a reluctance to her voice, although she knew well it was probably common courtesy to introduce herself. "Well, I'm Nesrin. That is my little brother Romeo. . we are seeking cover for now." Nesrin said calmly, still not making eye contact as she was focused at the moment. "I'm Ebony!" She said with a bright and wide smile, the warmness reflected the vicnity. Her thumb sprang up like the flowers amidst the arrival of spring. Leaving a thumbs up as a greeting. "It's nice to meet you! Let's enjoy our time together, okay?" She said to the girl, Nesrin. She looked a bit off guard, not used to such strong mannered people. She nodded her head "Yes, let's do that." She said softly, Romeo became an interruption as he lightly tugged the orange haired girls arm. "Miss?" He questioned as he looked up. "Yes, what is it?" Ebony asked, looking down at the circulation of a particular hue in his eyes. They beamed with joy. "You're very pretty!" He complimented with a smile, Ebony gave a soft grin. "Aww, you're so kind! You are very sweet." Ebony said with a waver in her voice. Nesrin moved her eyes in their direction, she was happy Romeo was smiling— he was pestering her earlier which led to bickering. They had lost his sister and she promised to find her after all of this happened. They did originally arrive together in a group, but she wandered off when they discovered the outbreak. Romeo was worried for quite a while so it's nice to see a sense of relief from him. That made Nesrin have a small smile. 'It's good to see him smile' she thought to herself silently, she finished wiping off the confiscated pocketknife from the desks cabinet that was currently under the light. A lot of times students brought knifes to school and they got held temporarily by the teachers. It was good to have one for self defense, though she would prefer something with more length that wouldn't make noise. "I'm bored, Nesrin. . are you almost done?" The small boy asked with anticipation in his eyes, they seemed to light up warmly looking as if the smallest disagreement could disrupt them. "I don't know when I'll be done, be patient." She said quietly placing the pocket knife and checking the other cabinets for any sort of resource. "But—" Nesrin placed her finger over his lips, distracting her from what she was doing. "No buts, we don't know whats going on right now and we have to act carefully. It was referred to as a catastrophe." She told him with a vague scold. Ebony looked over to Romeo, her height was much more significant to his. "Romeo, if you're bored we can play a game." Ebony said with benevolence. "Really?! What kind of game?" He asked with a hyper-like tone, clenching his fists from the exhilaration that could not be contained. "Oh, you must want to know huh? This is a very fun game. It's called tic-tac-toe and you don't need a lot to play. It's a fun time killer and you can go against eachother!" She said talking in a child-like manner to the boy, matching his energy. He jumped up, whimsically smiling with rosy cheeks. "Okay! Let's play!" He replied. Ebony pulled out a piece of paper from the notebook in her bookbag, and a pencil from her pouch. "Okay, I'll go first. Player X and Player O rival against eachother and do their best to win." she continued with a smile, meeting the boys eyes. "Look at the three rows, you place your chosen symbol in one of the boxes. Does that make sense?" Romeo looked at the chart, then up at the girl. "Yes, I think so . . but could you still go first?" He asked, he wanted a more clear example that was visible to the eye. "Yeah, I can go! That was the plan originally, anyways." She told him with a warmhearted smirk. She used her pencil and drew in the designated box she targeted; she chose to be circle. "Now you can go, Romeo. Here's a pencil!" She handed him it quietly, a gracious look to her face encouraged him. She was good with kids.