♡ 35 | Stubborn tease

"Let's do something fun. Just the two of us." That's what Okkotsu told you the moment you both woke up from the sunrays that bled through the curtains. Gojo and Nanami have excused you and Okkotsu both from training and missions after the events that have happened back to back. You repeat Okkotsu's words in your mind over and over while you're applying lip tint on. 

It's been awhile since you've gotten dressed up. Let alone dressed up for Okkotsu. Would this be considered your actual first date? Just the idea makes you giddy. You grow embarrassed seeing how lit up your eyes are in the mirror. 

There's a soft knock on your door and you hurry on your feet to answer. You inhale and exhale a few deep breaths to calm your racing heart. Twisting the door knob, you open the door. Okkotsu stands there looking just as nervous. He's in his causal wear. A white block striped shirt, ripped up denim jeans, and a pair of converses. He pairs a few accessories like silver rings and bracelets on his right hand and wrist. 

The corner of your lips tug into a smile when you see how handsome he looks. Okkotsu's reaction is the same when you watch a smile form on his face. "You look--" The two of you begin to state the same things which silences you two. A shared chuckle fills the soft atmosphere. Okkotsu covers his wide smile with the back of his left hand. 

You take the chance to speak up first. "You look handsome Yuta." Lacing your right arm around his left, you press a kiss to the side of his cheek. Okkotsu's eyes widen briefly before he clears his throat. You watch his cheeks turn a soft shade pink.

Crinkling his nose, Okkotsu speaks up. "And you look adorable." Okkotsu glances at you from the corner of his eye before turning his head to the side. You feel his plush lips grace your cheek with a kiss. Easily your feelings hype up and you swallow the saliva that builds in your mouth. 

Fluttering your eyelashes, you try to remain composed. "So...where are we going? I'm sure we're not allowed to go far." Murmuring your words, you drop your gaze down to your laced arms. Okkotsu begins to lead the two of you out of the hallway and towards the front of the dorms. The two of you slip outside where you shield your eyes with your free hand. 

You forgot how bright the sun can be after sleeping for so long. Okkotsu pulls out a parasol from somewhere when you weren't looking. He shields the sun from you when he blocks it with the lace parasol. "You're right. The higherups are still worried about us so we'll have to stay on Tokyo Jujutsu High's schoolgrounds." Okkotsu speaks up while he guides you somewhere. 

There's a gentle breeze that flows in the cool air. Today's weather is perfect for the summer. "But we can still have fun. All I care about is being with you today Y/N." Okkotsu's voice grows quieter after each sentence. You're smitten to hear his words. 

A bright smile paints on your face as you giggle to yourself. "This all still feels like a dream to me." You whisper under your breath. Okkotsu slows his steps to halt you both on your walk. He unravels his arm from yours to delicately lift your chin up. Your view is full of Okkotsu when he leans forward. 

You flush when he easily kisses you as if he's breathing air. You're taken aback by his public display of affection. Ears heating up, your breath is stolen when he pulls away to look at you with the most dreamy dark blue eyes. "This is reality Y/N." Okkotsu whispers for your ears to hear only. 

Okkotsu then intertwines his left hand with your right. The two of you walk into the fields of flowers where you're familiar with. You spent most of your time here to train. The only change in the field is a setup picnic. When did Okkotsu do this? Or did he get the help from your friends?

Either way, you're touched by the thought. Your eyes shine brightly when you see the array of attention to detail. Your favorite flowers, cake, drink, fruits, and snacks. You also spot a letter that rests in the flower bouquet. Okkotsu gives you a gentle tug forward and that's all you need to hurry over.