♡ 5 | His inner turmoil

Okkotsu wears a look of apprehension when he slows his steps after leaving Y/N alone with Kamo. He had hoped to be alone with Y/N to speak to her. But it seems like every time the two are alone, he either loses all confidence or there's a disturbance. There's several vibrations buzzing in his pocket that pulls him out of his thoughts. Okkotsu reaches for his phone to see a spam of text from Orimoto. 

One text after another is filled with anger and jealousy. There's a drop in Okkotsu's heart the further he reads each one. Things have been rocky for the two the past year. Okkotsu's unsure when and why things have changed with Orimoto. She's been more possessive over Okkotsu. She must know his whereabouts every moment he's away from her. 

His location must be turned on his phone otherwise she would freak out. If he did not show enough acts of love to her in public she'd give him an earful. If he didn't seem overjoyed by her gifts or acts of kindness, he'll have to withstand the death glare she masks behind her fake sweet smile. Okkotsu feels suffocated as he gives into everything Orimoto wants. But she's slowly becoming worse as the days go on. 

Her new focus now is for Okkotsu to pull away from Y/N. Orimoto feels threaten each moment Y/N would look Okkotsu's way. Despite the three being friends since their youth, Orimoto still has her worries. Okkotsu's done everything she wants out of him but not this. He couldn't bare losing his friendship with Y/N. Especially for a relationship that's damaging him mentally like this. 

Love shouldn't feel like a prison. It never felt like this before. Okkotsu types a quick reply to Orimoto that he'll be there. Anxiety litters his palms as his shoulders droop. He trembles when he anticipates what she'll do now if he were to tell her the reason for his disappearance. Okkotsu scrambles through several excuses as he hurries back to Orimoto and Inumaki.

"Sorry for the hold up." Okkotsu breathlessly says as he calms his racing heart from running. He sits beside Orimoto on the picnic table. Inumaki waves his hand as if he's wafting Okkotsu's apology away. The boy smiles as he continues to eat his lunch. 

Orimoto wears a smile when she looks over at Okkotsu. Her hand underneath the table rests on Okkotsu's left thigh where she slowly digs her fingernails in. "Let's finally eat Yuta. I made salisbury steak for us today!" With her free hand, Orimoto sets down Okkotsu's bento box. 

From an outsiders perspective the two are sharing matching bento boxes. A lovely and adorable scenario. But if Okkotsu doesn't clean off everything that's in this bento box, he'll only be lectured about it later. His love for Orimoto's cooking has long ceased to exist. Now he's barely tasting the flavors she's put into it. 

Everything feels and tastes dull in his life. The only happiness and comfort Okkotsu gets is when he's around Y/N. Her existence gives him a moment of peace. Not trying to be lost in his thoughts, Okkotsu begins to eat. He pretends to smile and hum in delight from the lunch. 

The two begin to have a normal conversation with Inumaki silently listening along. Okkotsu notices Inumaki's eyes darting around. The platinum blonde haired boy tilts his head as he points at the empty spot beside him. Orimoto pretends to care as she looks around. "Where is Y/N anyway? She ran out of the classroom in a hurry."

Okkotsu feels Orimoto's eyes on his side profile, her lips parting. "Did you see her Yuta?" Her question isn't a simple one. Okkotsu's sure she's fishing something out of him. Okkotsu turns to look at Inumaki and Orimoto. What should he say? 

There's rushed footsteps from behind Okkotsu and Orimoto. Inumaki perks up with a shine in his eyes and that's when Okkotsu feels relief. Those footsteps must be Y/N. "S-Sorry for disappearing. There were more people at the vending machines today."

You sit beside Inumaki who offers you an onigiri that he's saved. With a smile you take it from him. Orimoto and Okkotsu are sharing their usual matching bento's. In a way you envy the two. Orimoto puts all of her love into the meal as Okkotsu happily eats it. 

Not wanting to dwell on the thought, you show the three the natto flavored soda. "Did you guys know we sold this?" You set the bottle in the middle of the table for them to look at. Inumaki reaches for the bottle and opens it, taking a sniff. His brows knit together with a confused expression. 

"Was your usual drink sold out?" Orimoto asks while raising some of her salisbury steak over to feed Okkotsu. Okkotsu sweetly eats the food offered to him as Orimoto smiles at him. You refrain from making a face. Inumaki distracts you by untwisting the cap to the drink.

Widening your eyes you watch Inumaki take a sip. He shrivels up and sticks his tongue out with a look of disgust. Orimoto snickers as she comments out. "Toge and Y/N just indirectly kissed." Her tone is laced with teasing and playfulness. 

Ignoring her words, you grab ahold of the natto soda from Inumaki's clutches. "Yeah. Kamo got the last of it. So he treated me to this one." You loosely respond to Orimoto's question while playfully rolling your eyes at Inumaki who's washing the taste down with his peach tea.

"You bumped into Kamo again? That's the second time today, right? If it happens for a third time that must mean you two are fated to know one another." Orimoto giggles. "Don't you think so Yuta?" She glances over at Okkotsu who looks up. You notice his eyes seeming lost before he responds to Orimoto's question.

Okkotsu pulls his eyes away from Orimoto to look at you. "Fate or not, Kamo sure has an interesting choice in flavors to give you the natto one. It's like he's bullying you again." Okkotsu softly chuckles to himself before finishing off the last bit of his salisbury steak. Something about Okkotsu's behavior bothers you but you don't dwell on it long. The conversation continues with the topic of this strange new intern until it's time to head back.