♡ 16 | A new life

You sit between Okkotsu and Inumaki as you're being stared down by a duo of jujutsu sorcerers. The only adult you find familiar is the one that wears a blindfold. The man who was your homeroom teacher substitute. They don't waste a moment to round the three of you up after hearing that you've awaken again. You wish nothing more than to rest after having so much information fed to you by Kamo. 

"So, you can control the force?" Gojo speaks up from the sofa he's laying across. His hand is busily playing with a Rubik's cube. You glance over to Okkotsu and Inumaki who glances over to you. Your lips turn into a fine line as you slowly nod and shrug. 

You're not exactly sure what your power is at all. One moment things are levitating around you and the next you're able to manipulate whatever you're focusing on. Gojo sits up with a wide grin. He stretches out the Rubik's cube in front of you. "Take this from me without physically grabbing it." 

You swallow the saliva that builds up in your mouth. Nervousness bubbles in your stomach at the sheer thought. Are you able to pull out your power again without the urgency of saving someone's life? You're not even half sure if your powers are even real. Stretching out your hand you focus purely on the Rubik's cube. 

To the others it just looks like you're awkwardly holding your hand out. Which may be the case. The Rubik's cube doesn't move even in the slightest. You feel a terrible pain in your head the more you try to force the cube out of Gojo's hand. Beads of sweat begin to litter your forehead. 

That's when the blonde haired man named Nanami interferes. "Stop it Gojo. You shouldn't overexert her. She's still recovering." Nanami snatches the Rubik's cube out of Gojo's hand. Gojo huffs with a pout before resting his back against the sofa. 

You drop your hand, exhaustion enveloping every nerve in your body. Using the back of your hand, you wipe the sweat away from your forehead. Okkutsu rests a hand on your shoulder. "You okay?" The boy speaks in a low voice, catching your ears. You look over to meet Okkotsu's dark blue eyes. 

You force a smile and whisper, "I could be better." Okkotsu looks you over with a worried expression. Your conversation cuts short when Gojo clears his throat. The two of you break eye contact to look back at Gojo. He crosses his right leg over his left, tapping his knee. 

"What's your power Okkotsu? Asides igniting a blue flame around yourself like a super Saiyan." Gojo changes his next target to Okkotsu after your terrible performance. Okkotsu shrugs. His eyes drop down to his hands. 

You silently gaze at Okkotsu's sadden expression. You passed out halfway into the fight so you couldn't see Okkotsu in action. Inumaki forms a frown when he sees Okkotsu's dejected expression. Nanami once again ends the tense conversation by steering it away. "Gojo, let the kids rest. They lost someone close to them and they're being thrown a ton of information that doesn't make sense." 

Gojo groans from Nanami's words. He looks up at the blonde haired man and crosses his arms. "Fine. Fine. I'm just curious about their strengths. We've been watch--". Nanami wears a daggering stare towards Gojo that silences him. The three of you look up to stare at the two in bewilderment.

So it wasn't just Kamo who was watching the four of you? Just how long have you've been observed by such people? Gojo chuckles in avoidance of finishing his sentence. He stands up with a loud sigh and stretches his arms up into the air. "Let's switch things up a bit. I'm sure you're curious about this place." 

Gojo ushers the three of you to follow him. You nervously look at Inumaki and Okkotsu before the three of you leave their office. From what you saw on your walk to their office, the building of this place is a very traditional Japanese architectural style. The entire area is conveyed as a shrine to the public eye. One that's closed off to the public for obvious reasons.