♡ 30 | Mission accomplished: Relationship status taken

There's finally a dull moment after today's events. Okkotsu and you go on one last ride before meeting up with the others. A classic. The Ferris wheel. There's a comfortable silence when the two of you settle inside. Slowly the ride begins to raise the two of you up higher and higher.

You're in awe when you view the sunset from a perspective you've never had before. "It's beautiful." You and Okkotsu both whisper the same thing under your breaths. The two of you look at one another before bursting into laughter. Typically the ride slows down to let others on and off but you notice how long the two of you are idling at the top center point. 

You raise a brow when others are also looking confused in their own booths. A crackling sound comes out of the intercoms causing you and Okkotsu to grimace. "Sorry for the inconvenience folks, there seems to be some technical issues." The man that speaks sounds frantic. You and Okkotsu both stare down from the windows to see a peculiar cursed spirit fiddling with the components. 

A sigh escapes from you when you shake your head. From this height you and Okkotsu are useless. Okkotsu is quick to send a text in the group chat to alert the others of your location. But with everyone busy with their own fun, the response is nonexistent. Okkotsu purses his lips before sliding his phone back into his pocket. 

"Looks like we'll just have to wait." Okkotsu speaks softly with a shrug to his shoulders. You nod along, your attention returning to the setting sun to your left. Neither of you speak up for what feels like minutes. You begin to grow nervous that Okkotsu can hear your breathing. 

There's slight movement in front of you when Okkotsu leans back in his seat to get more comfortable. You slowly look over to see his attention towards the orange and pink hue sky. There's a slight loneliness behind his dark blue eyes that you catch. "Something on your mind Yuta?" You speak without thinking twice. His forlorn expression pulled at your heartstrings.

Okkotsu flutters his eyelashes as if he's snapping out of his mental thoughts. He looks over to meet your eyes. You watch him ponder if he should truthfully answer or not. There's a crinkle to his nose before he sighs. "I don't want to put a damper in the mood with my thoughts." Okkotsu murmurs. 

You only grow more curious now after hearing his statement. You must be making a pleading expression when you watch Okkotsu's shoulders droop and he gives in. The boy clasps his hands together while leaning forward with his elbows resting on his thighs. Okkotsu lowers his head, not looking at you directly. 

"I'm just recalling the last time we came here. With...Rika." Okkotsu's voice is barely audible when he speaks Orimoto's name. It's no surprise when you feel your heart sink but you rid of the feeling. This moment isn't about you. It's about Okkotsu. 

Okkotsu draws another breath before continuing. "Two years ago..." Okkotsu bites down on his lip, his anxiety littering his entire being. The thoughts of how easily he was manipulated by Orimoto still eats at him. Two years ago is when it all began. Their relationship drastically turned for the worse. 

The sky slowly changes from warm hues to dark ones. It's bittersweet how quickly the sunsets last. The slight wind jostles the ride and that's when you begin to stiffen. The darkness and the height disadvantage is now something in the back of your mind. But you ignore your fears when you look at how vulnerable Okkotsu is. 

What can you do for him? He's recalling terrible memories of an ex girlfriend. One that's caused deep trauma. All you can think of is to be here for him. To listen to Okkotsu and only speak when you find something worth saying. 

Okkotsu feels his chest tightening as his eyes force shut. He locks his jaw as memories of Orimoto invades his mind. Okkotsu curses himself for thinking about her after having such an amazing day with Y/N. Just when he believed Orimoto was clear from his mind, she finds her way back. It pains Okkotsu terribly. Frustrated, Okkotsu clutches the side of his head.