♡ 17 | Patience

Yuji Itadori, a previously normal human who ate a cursed finger belonging to Sukuna who's a mighty cursed spirit. Megumi Fushiguro, a boy who's able to create shikigami with his hands. Nobara Kugisaki, a girl who wields a hammer and nails. Maki Zenin, she isn't exactly a sorcerer but she's a weapon specialist. Panda, a cursed corpse who naturally possess a high degree of cursed energy.

The members in the group each are unique in their own way. Just like you, Okkotsu, and Inumaki. Inumaki who is a cursed speech user. While you and Okkotsu are both finding out what the two of you are. You couldn't sleep a wink last night as you mentally dreaded what the training consists of. It looks like you're not the only one too. 

Okkotsu's eyebags are darker than usual. His complexion still looks pale. You wonder if this is truly a good idea. Neither you or him seem to be in the right headspace to do anything. The others are already busy training. Whether it's running or using their weapons against targets.

Nanami clears his throat, bringing his attention to you, Okkotsu, and Inumaki. "Good morning. I hope you three rested well." He adjusts the sunglasses on his nose bridge. No one speaks up as you all focus on the blonde haired man. 

Nanami continues on despite the lack of response. "Inumaki, your training will be minimal with your cursed speech. You'll have to gradually use your skills to build up your tolerance. I hope you brought some cough syrup under Ieiri's suggestion." Inumaki nods his head, patting his pocket. 

Nanami forms a tiny smile, pleased to see Inumaki listening to Ieiri's advice. His eyes then stray towards you and Okkotsu. "For the both of you, just try to awaken your powers. We can focus on physical strength for you Okkotsu. While you mentally train yourself Y/L/N." 

You and Okkotsu both nod to his words. "There's a weapon storage Maki can show you, Okkotsu. For you Y/L/N..." Nanami reaches into his pocket and reveals a Rubik's cube. Most likely the same one Gojo was playing with yesterday. 

"Try your best to levitate this. Once you accomplish that, you can begin to solve the Rubik's cube with your mind." Nanami offers you the Rubik's cube. You stretch your hand out to take it from him. Your eyes dawn on the cube, turning it left and right in your palm. "Go on ahead. I'll come back in a few hours to check on you three." 

Nanami says his final peace before walking away. The three of you look at one another when Nanami leaves. "Mustard leaf." Inumaki voices his worry. He touches his throat with knit brows. It seems that Inumaki is stressed as well about his power.

Okkotsu pats Inumaki on the shoulder with a small smile. "Hey, Nanami said to just use your power minimally. We can train our strengths together when you feel worn out." Okkotsu then turns to look at you and you feel your heart skip when his eyes rest on you. "Don't wear yourself out either Y/N." 

You nod your head with a small smile of your own. "Let's do our best." You murmur out. The two boys nod their heads returning your smile. The two split off, Okkotsu walking over to Maki while Inumaki targets Itadori to test his cursed speech on.

Darting your eyes around, you find a shaded area off to the right. You make your way over to sit under a tree stump. Placing the Rubik's cube down on the grass, you inhale deeply before exhaling. "Alright...let's try to make you move." You focus entirely on the Rubik's cube as you stretch your arm out. 

Gritting your teeth, your brows knit together. Last time you felt pressured to move the Rubik's cube. Maybe now that you're alone, you won't feel anxious to do the same. You calmly tell yourself over and over to pull the Rubik's cube close to you. You're unsure how much time has passed as you glare at the unwavering cube. 

You drop your hand down as you feel your bicep burn. Forcing your eyes shut, you groan under your breath. No one ever said this will be easy. But you wished to see just a bit of progress. You replay the day at the aquarium over in your mind.