-30-

Art credit: mafuwafuwaa (IG & Twitter)

The ones that were left stared at him with wide eyes.
That was the first time Iida and Mina heard him talk, so they were even more surprised.

"There's always going to be people who want to hurt you. It's important you focus on those who stand beside you to support you." Ejiro said and Denki nodded next to him in agreement.
Dabi looked at the red head, as if he was surprised that he was the one answering him.

"I don't get why you three trust me." Dabi said frowning, looking between Ejiro, Denki and Katsuki.
"Fuck, I don't get why you trust me either, but it sure as hell makes more sense than the others. Wouldn't it just be easier to lock me up?" Dabi groaned, looking at Izuku before avoiding everyone's gaze.
Izuku sighed.
"If that's what you rather want, we can still arrange that." Katsuki stated sarcastically.
Todoroki started growling, stepping in front of his brother.

"You're not locking him up! I just got him back." Todoroki said angrily.
"Shoto." Dabi mumbled and Todoroki turned quickly towards him.
"No! Do you know how terrified I was after you left? I was too young to even remember how you looked correctly, but I always knew you protected me. And then you were gone and everything went downhill. I wasn't allowed to talk to Natsuo or Fuyumi at all anymore. I didn't have anyone left. And now you're back and I... and I don't want you to leave again. Please. We were just able to get to know each other and now you want to leave again?" Todoroki pleaded.

It was almost weird seeing the usually expressionless man on the verge of tears. It's like all his walls crumbled down at once, fear of loosing his brother again was all he could think of. Not caring about how everyone could read his emotions like an open book right now.

Dabis expression softened.
"Don't you think... it's better to just forget me? I've caused so much trouble and now I'm back and everyone's just... maybe it's better if I-" Dabi said but got interrupted by Izuku.
"Shut the fuck up." Izuku growled angrily.

Everyone stared at him in shock, Mina even took a step back as she felt the dominant pheromones.
Dabi watched Izuku carefully, trying not to do anything that could make the other snap.

"You've been holding back since you're back, don't you think I've noticed? Just because others have a prejudice against you doesn't mean you're not allowed to show emotions in front of your friends! That's what we are, you idiot! And now your giving up? How convenient!" Izuku said annoyed, chuckling dryly before massaging his temples.
"Listen, I have no idea what you've been through. How could I if you don't fucking talk to me?! But just because it's getting tough from time to time doesn't mean we want to get rid of you! So what if we had a few troubles since you're back? Who fucking cares?" Izuku said, glaring at Dabi.
"But if you're so stuck in just seeing the bad things, why can't you'd see the good things too? Todoroki has never been this open to any of us! Never showed emotions and always wanted to be alone. You changed that! Who fucking cares if people don't trust you if the ones you care about do? And you're telling me you're okay with leaving again, hurting the one person you wanted to see so bad again? Are you serious? Just for once... stop being a selfish asshole and think about your brother." Izuku growled and Dabis eyes widened.

"I've been literally crying against your shoulder for weeks since the thing with my father happened, because I fucking trust you. You're the only one who can remotely understand what I go through right now. My mates are there for me and I know that, but I can always see their pity. Always see their fear of making me snap. Do you know how much you've helped me by just being honest? You're my friend and if that counts for anything, I don't want you to leave either."

Izuku said, his voice breaking as his anger dies down.
"Not everyone fucking hates you." Izuku mumbled before making his way up the stairs, leaving everyone behind.