-6-

Art credit to original artist (if anyone knows who's art this is, pls let me know so I can credit)

It's the next morning in the Bakugo household. Katsuki didn't sleep very well.
He woke up at about 1 am to Izuku shifting constantly on his mattress, whimpering here and there. Katsuki tried waking him up immediately, but at some point Izuku started screaming in what sounded like pain.
The screams woke up the Bakugo parents who quickly ran into their sons room to find a freaking out Katsuki who was trying to shake the greenette awake.

Masaru quickly went to the bathroom to wet a towel while Mitsuki softly slapped Izukus face, talking to him in hopes he would at some point hear it and focus on it.
When the wet towel hit the greenettes forehead, he jumped up into a sitting position, panting hardly.

Everyone immediately let go of him to avoid triggering him even more.
"It's okay, you're awake. It's not real, you're not there anymore." Mitsuki said softly and Izuku slowly calmed down.

After he reassured them hundreds of times that he was okay, the adults left and went back to sleep. But Katsuki couldn't.
He was way too worried about his friend and felt bad for not being able to help him better.
His thoughts went downhill when he thought about how Izuku dealt with these nightmares alone since it happened. Back in New York and now in the dorms too.
The walls in the dorms were soundproof, so no matter how loud the greenette screamed in agony... nobody heard.

So the blonde couldn't sleep. He stayed awake, making sure Izuku didn't have another nightmare that night. And when it was morning, he stood up from his bed during the time he normally would as if he slept.
Leaving the door cracked open just in case, Katsuki went downstairs after freshening up in the bathroom to prepare breakfast only to see his father already in the kitchen.
"Good morning, son." Masaru greeted politely like he usually does and Katsuki responded like he usually does. "Mornin' old man."

Katsuki sat down at the dining table, his chin resting on his hand. His father noticing the lack of energy his son seemed to had, quickly flipping the last pancake he had in the pan before turning off the stove, letting the residue heat do it's job.
He took a seat at the table as well.
"What's bothering you?" He asked softly and Katsuki looked at him confused.
"What?" He scoffed annoyed, but there wasn't his usual heat in it.
"I'm your father. I can tell when something is bothering you. So talk to me." Masaru explained and Katsuki sighed.

He hated that he was an open book for his parents, although he would never admit that he appreciated the advices they give him a lot.
"It's just... I couldn't sleep because I was so worried and couldn't stop thinking about how he had to deal with all of this alone. I don't want him to deal with it alone." Katsuki admitted, whispering the last part.
"I understand, I feel the same way. The both of us have to keep in mind that we don't know for sure what happened the past 5 years. Izuku changed a lot and we need to get to know him again." Masaru explained and Katsuki frowned, knowing that his father was right.

"Yeah. It's like he's still the same but different. When he talks about something he likes he still rambles and it's still as annoying as it used to be, but kinda funny too. But it's like he never stops observing, like he's always looking out for danger." Katsuki tried to explain.
Masaru nodded.
"Kat, that's how he survived the last five years." Masaru explained and Katsukis head shot up to look at his father.
"What do you mean?" The blonde asked confused.

"We don't know what happened for sure, but if it's anything like back then when you were kids, those five years must've been very traumatizing. Remember how quiet Izuku was when you first met him?" Masaru asked and Katsuki nodded.
"He was that quiet because he was scared to talk, scared of punishment. And than his father left and it's like he blossomed. It took him a while but he eventually did. And now we have to be this patient again. He's observing everything because he had to in New York, because if he didn't..." Masaru said, not finishing the sentence.