-7-

Art credit: EsterEggz (IG)

Izukus eyes widened in shock.

Katsuki thought he didn't deserve to be called Kacchan?
No matter how much Izuku tried to understand what the blonde meant, he couldn't.

So the greenette leaned against the counter with his back and looked at the other.
"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked softly and the blonde just shook his head.
"Forget it, Dek- Izuku." Katsuki scoffed and pushed himself off the counter and sat down on the chair by the table.
Izuku stayed where he was and frowned.

"You always call me Deku, why'd you stop now?" Izuku asked and the other scoffed, rubbing his temples.
"I don't want to call you that anymore." He mumbled.

"Why?" Izuku asked, pushing the other into a conversation.
He knew Katsuki. The blonde wasn't good at communicating at all and needed to be pushed there.
"Just because." Katsuki stated and shrugged.

"Nope, nah. You don't get to say something like that and then not explain. Why don't you want to call me Deku anymore?" Izuku insisted.
Katsuki looked up angrily.
"Just because!" He scoffed and Izuku rolled his eyes.
"Why?" The greenette asked again and Katsuki jumped up from his chair, the chair falling backwards and hitting the ground with a loud thud.
"Because you're not useless! You are everything but useless. You never were useless! I was just being a dickhead who has a superiority complex and wanted to make you feel small! But you're not! You're strong and smart and so much better than I could ever be!" Katsuki shouted angrily and after he finished his eyes widened in surprise.
He looked away ashamed at his own outburst and embarrassed that he told someone how he truly felt. Not just anyone, he told Izuku. His childhood friend. The person he bullied for so long. The person who still insisted to be friends with his bully.

"Kacchan. Why are you comparing yourself to me?" Izuku asked and stepped a little closer.
"I don't know what you're talking about." The blonde scoffed.

"Kacchan, please. Do you have any idea how amazing you are? We're not the same and that's a good thing." Izuku tried explaining.
"That's easy for you to say when you're the part of this friendship everyone adores!" Katsuki said angrily.
"Everyone hates me! As soon as I step into the ring at the sport festival people boo at me. Little kids are scared of me and civilians don't trust me! Villains want me to join them for fucks sake!" Katsuki shouted and Izuku frowned deeper.
"And?" He asked and Katsuki stared at him confused.
"What?" The blonde spit out.
"I said, and? Those people don't matter anyway. Doesn't it matter more what the people you care about think about you? And I know for a fact that they like you.
Kirishima supports you no matter what and knows how to read between your lines." Izuku tried to convince the other, but Katsuki rolled his eyes at him.
"Shitty hair likes everyone." He said and Izuku shook his head.
"No, he doesn't. He's nice to everyone and would never say a bad word about a person, but he chooses his friends wisely. And you're one of them." Izuku said and Katsuki frowned, still not believing him.
Izuku sighed and sat down, Katsuki reluctantly grabbing his fallen chair and sitting down as well.
"Kaminari. He told me that you scared the shit out of him in the beginning and that he was planning on staying away from you. But in your own way you told him how strong his quirk was and helped him get confident in being an omega. Did you know that?" Izuku said and the blonde shook his head. He remembers when they were training and Katsuki basically told Kaminari that he only needed some control over his quirk and that he would probably be one of the strongest of the class immediately then. Well, he said it in his own Bakugo way, but his point got across.
"Did you know Mina was self conscious about being queer and you told her and I quote 'fuck what everyone thinks, it's your life' like two weeks ago?" Izuku continued and Katsuki thought about it as well until Izuku kept going, not giving him time to counter argue.