Nine.

~Nine. ~

Alexana stood before the Queen in her chambers uncomfortably.

Her shoulder was aching her as she hadn't had a chance to have anything for the pain. She tried not to make it obvious as she walked into the room, pausing in the centre, and bowing to the Queen. As she stood up, she winced slightly before she spoke up.

"You wished to see me, Your Majesty?" she asked as she stood up straight again, doing her best to hide the wince on her face as she straightened, and she saw the Queen's gaze go to her arm in the sling.

"You were injured, Miss Newisev. I apologise for bringing you here," she said to Alexana, and she shook her head.

"It is of no consequence, Your Majesty. What is it that you needed me for?" she asked the Queen and she looked towards Padmé, who Alexana saw nod her head out of the corner of her eye.

"Padmé here has told me of everything that happened whilst she was on the planet with you and Master Qui-Gon. And about what you did to help procure the parts we needed to fix our ship. I wanted to thank you," she said to Alexana and Alexana shook her head.

"There is nothing to thank me for, Your Majesty. I was simply doing my job," she said to her.

"Does doing your job include you becoming injured, Miss Newisev?" the Queen asked, and Alexana's eyes narrowed ever so slightly.

"If it happens then yes, Your Majesty. It is part of the job. As long as I don't die or become completely useless to whoever I am working for," she said as she looked at her and remained as calm as she could.

"Then I would just like to thank you, Miss Newisev. If there is ever anything that you need, be it now or in the future, just let myself or one of my handmaidens know and we will be more than happy to assist," the Queen said, and Alexana looked at her for a moment before she nodded her head and she bowed to her.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. I will keep that in mind," she said as she stood up once more, fighting off a series of curses that were sitting on the tip of her tongue.

"Good. You may go now," the Queen said to her, and Alexana bowed once more before she turned and left the room as quickly but as politely as she could.

Meanwhile, as Alexana was having this conversation with the Queen, Obi-Wan was cleaning up after her in the medical room. Throughout their entire lives, Obi-Wan had only ever thought of Alexana as a friend, a fellow trainee at the Jedi Temple, even before he had been chosen as a Padawan to Qui-Gon. From the day that he had found her, hiding away in one of the many rooms that they typically didn't have access to as Younglings from the Masters of the Council, Obi-Wan and Alexana had been friends.

Now, Obi-Wan didn't know what to think. He had seen Alexana in shirts that exposed her body before, especially if they had been training together. They never knew they had been paired against one another in the duelling sessions that the Masters had for the younglings, where they were both blindfolded and were expected to use the Force to help them in their fight with their opponent. Alexana had always won those sessions, no matter what Obi-Wan did to try and win against her.

Pausing as he looked at Alexana's ruined shirt that was sitting on the bed where she had left it, Obi-Wan reached down and fiddled with it until it was splayed out to be shown. Where the figure's lightsaber had sliced into her chest and arm the fabric was frayed and burnt and he could see the bloodstains where she had been bleeding. Frowning slightly, Obi-Wan reached down and lightly picked it up, looking at it carefully as he lifted it to examine it more carefully. Memories flashed across his mind as he thought back to different training sessions as well as different moments in their past where they would spend time together.