chapter 26: '86 baby!

Steve ~
I wake up to an alarm buzzing in my ear. I shake Eddie awake. "Come on, we need to get ready." I say while grabbing my polo shirt and some jeans. I go to the bathroom and change while I hear Eddie shuffling around. I fix my hair and open the door to see my mom in tears. "MY LITTLE STEVIE IS GRADUATING." She says while pulling me into a hug.

"Mommmm." I say to her while Eddie goes into the bathroom to change. I grab my gown and pull it over. "Eddie are you almost ready?" I ask, knocking on the bathroom door. "STEVE HELP." He replies opening the door. "What?" I ask. "Hair up or down?" He asks. "Down." My mom says, pushing the hair out of his face and hugging him. "Oh, thank you Mrs. Harrington." Eddie replies.

"We're gonna be late." I say while walking downstairs. Eddie pulls his gown on and we both grab our caps as we get into the car. Eddie starts driving and I hear my mom sobbing. "Mom, it's okay, we're just graduating." I assured her. "You're right." She said while sniffling.

Eddie parks and looks back at me. "You ready?" He asks. "As ready as I'll ever be." I answer, getting out.

"Wait!" My mom yells after us, handing us our caps. "You two look so handsome." She says while hugging us. "Mom, we have to go." I say. "Sorry!" She responds while she runs in. Me and Eddie walk in and see the kids sitting in the front row. "STEVE! EDDIE!" Henderson yells running up to us. "Hey, Henderson." I say as he hugs me. "Why is everyone so emotional? We're just graduating." I say, hugging him back.

Me and Eddie sit down next to the kids and my mom as, principal Higgins walks on stage. We put our caps on and look at each other with huge smiles. Principal Higgins starts calling people up, as we clap. "Robin Buckley." I stand up and start clapping really loud, yelling "THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!" She shakes the principals' hand and he hands her the diploma. Robin high fives me as she walks in front of me, going back to her seat.

I laugh a little and he starts calling other people. Finally, I hear "Steven Harrington." Eddie, Robin, Nancy, My mom and, The kids stand up and start clapping really loud as, I run up and shake his hand.

He hands me my diploma and I walk off stage. As I sit back down, Eddie pecks me on the cheek. I smile and start clapping for the next person. I laughed a little when one person clapped for Jason. It was his mom. "Edward Munson." I stood up and started clapping so loud that my hands hurt.

I saw his uncle stand up too. Principal Higgins tried to shake his hand, but Eddie gave him a fist bump and grabbed his diploma. He walked off stage and I started giggling. "What?" He asked, smiling.

Eddie ~
"You gave him a fist bump?" Steve asked, laughing as I sat down. "He didn't deserve a handshake from me. You know how many times I've gotten detention from him?" I responded with a laugh. "Did you see that your uncle is here?" Steve asked.

"He is? I don't care. He kicked me out." I replied. "Nancy Wheeler." We all started clapping loud again. She smiled at us before going and sitting back down next to Robin. After principal Higgins called everyone, he said one final thing "Best wishes to you all. Congratulations." We stood up and the kids hugged us.

Steve hugged Robin and I hugged Nancy. "Congrats Wheeler." I say smiling. "You too!" She responds. She goes to hug Steve and I hug Robin. "Congrats dingus." She said while laughing. "You too, loser." I say jokingly. Principal Higgins counts us down and, we all throw our caps into the air. As we walk outside, I get tapped on the shoulder.

"Hey Ed. Congratulations." It was my uncle. "Oh uh... Thanks." I say while turning around. Steve waits on me. "I'm really sorry about basically kicking you out, kid. He's gone now, if you wanna come back?" He asked me. I look at Steve. "I'll think about it." I reply, as I walk away.

"So are you staying or going?" Steve asked. "I don't really know. I'm still mad at him. Would you care if I stayed?" I ask. "Of course not! We basically share a bedroom so, I don't care. But if you want to go back you can." Steve replied. "I'm gonna have to think it over." I replied, getting into the car. "Okay, Eds." Steve replies. I roll my eyes and smile. I secretly liked when he called me Eds, but he's not going to know that.

A/N: hey readers! i hope you enjoyed this chapter! thanks for reading! also, don't worry, im not planning on ending this story anytime soon. much love♥️
words ~ 837