chapter 1: the freak

Steve ~
I've never thought about Munson. I will literally never talk to that freak. I see Robin down the hallway. "Hey!" I said while turning around so I can walk next to her. "Hey, dingus" she replies, while looking forward. "So how's vickieeee?" I ask with a curious smile. "She has a boyfr-" she got cut off by the bell.

"Hey, whatever it is, you can tell me later okay?" She nodded and i ran to class. I sat down next to nance and sighed as I looked to the teacher. "Hello class, today we have a new student transferring to our class, so be respectful."

Munson? What is he doing here? He walked past me and sat down in the empty seat next to me. He looked like he had just got done crying. I heard some laughs throughout class. Nancy passed me a note that read "is he okay?" I paused and looked at him. His lip was quivering as he looked like he was going to start crying again. I whispered "Hey you o-" I got interrupted by him running out of the classroom, as tears drip down his face.

As the bell rang, I packed up my stuff into my backpack, and headed out to my car. I got in and sat down, starting it up. I started to back up out of the school parking lot but then I saw Eddie Munson again, walking and holding a binder above his head, trying to protect himself from the rain that was pouring from above.

I don't know what told me to do it but, I pulled up next to him and asked him if he needed a ride. He looked at me with hurt written in his eyes and he was shaking, but accepted my offer. He got in and said "thank you" weakly, as if he had no more energy to speak. my eyes had softened and i turned to him with a smile, "You're welcome, Munson." He smiled at me. I asked him where he lived and he mumbled something about a trailer park and living across from a redheaded girl named Max.

"Oh I know where max lives!" He nodded and started sobbing quietly.

Eddie ~
Everyone found out. They think I did it. They hate me. As I walk down the hallway heading to my new class because I was 'too smart' for my other one, I hear laughing and whispering follow me throughout the long hallways. I can't take it. I can't do it anymore. I run to the bathroom and start holding my mouth in the locked stall trying to sob quietly so, no one hears me crying.

I wash my face and walk out five minutes later. I see Harrington, speed past me. I didn't hear the bell ring but, I guess it did. I walk to my new class and walk up to the teacher. "Ah, Edward?" She softly asked. "Um E-Eddie." I quietly say under my breath. The teacher introduces me and I go sit down. I hear people around me snicker and whisper, pointing at me. Nancy Wheeler, handed Harrington a note and he paused after he read it, then he looked at me with a confused look.

He thinks I did it. He starts to whisper something to me and I just can't handle it. I run out of the classroom and to my van in the parking lot. I attempt to start it but it just won't start. "Start, come on I need to get home dammit, start!" The bell rings as I grab my keys and slide them into my pocket. I hear a loud crack of thunder. Great. It's raining. Could this day get any worse? I grab my binder out of my bag and use it to cover my head, as I start walking in the rain.

Harrington pulls up next to me in his car. I stop walking as he says "Get in munson." I look at him confused. I don't really know Harrington that well, but it's better than getting soaked. I mumble "thank you" his eyes scan me with a soft, gentle look as he replies with "Your welcome, Munson." He asked me where I lived and I told him in a trailer park and that I live across from a girl named Max.

I only said that because I have seen her talk to him before so I figured he knew where I was talking about. I look out the window and cry. I watch the rain race with other droplets down the window. What am I going to do?

A/N: thanks for reading! let me know if you enjoyed it and remember this is my first time writing one of these so let me know if i messed anything up! much love♥️
words ~ 810