chapter 9: happy birthday!

Steve ~
It's Eddie's birthday! He turns 19 today. I have to do something for him. I kiss his forehead before heading out to robin in her car. She's been taking me to school and dropping me off at the hospital. "Hey Robin." I say as I get in her car. "Hey dingus." She smiles at me. "Are you sure you're ready to go back?" "Yes robin, I've told you a million times, I'm fine!" "Okayyyyy" she says suspiciously.

We start to drive to school. "So today's Eddie's birthday." I say. "What are you going to do?" "I have no idea Robin. Any ideas?" "Um.. I'm a pretty good baker. I could help you bake a cake for him?" "Yeah! And then I could uh.. oh! I could bring hellfire to his room! He can still play with one working hand right?" "Probably. Steve's in looooove." "Oh shut up Robin. You really like Nancy huh?" She starts to blush.

She parks in the parking lot and we get out. We start walking to our class. "Hey Steve! You okay?" Asks one girl in the hallway. "Uh yeah I'm fi-" "Are you feeling okay?" Asks another person "Does it hurt?" Robin looked at me and started laughing. A cheerleader says "You were out for a while." "I'm fine everyone. Thank you." "Steve's got fans." Robin says playfully. I elbow her and we both laugh. As I sit down next to Nancy I see Eddie's empty seat next to me. I hope he's okay.

The teacher comes over to my desk. "Hey Steven, how are you feeling?" "Fine. Here's the work I did." I hand her a large pile of papers. I had a lot of time to do homework because Eddie slept a lot. She grabbed them and walked back to her desk. Nancy waved at me, I waved back. She hands me a note. "You ok?"

I write back "Can everyone stop asking me that? I'm fine." I hand the note back. She nods and looks forward. After class was lunch, I went and sat down at the table Eddie used to sit at. The hellfire members stared at me with a crazy look. "Okay so today's Eddie's birthday. We're going to bring d&d to him after school.

Can you all be there around, let's say, 7?" "Yeah me and Mike can." Dustin speaks up. "Um I can bring the d&d equipment." Gareth says. The rest of them nod and I say "Good." "Are you two a thing?" Mike asks me. I look at him and then angrily at Dustin. "Yes we are. You tell a single soul and I will tell hopper that you dumped el for will." I say. He nodded quickly and started to chug his milk. After lunch, I went to my last class. I wasn't paying attention because I was so excited to surprise Eddie.

After the bell rang, Robin and I went to her house and baked a cake. She made the batter and I baked it. She also decorated it. She's a way better baker than me. I hold the cake and robin drives to the hospital. When we get there, I tell the hellfire club to wait outside of his room for a minute and I go in his room. "Happy birthday to you" I start to sing. He looks at me and smiled as he puts his magazine down. "Steve Harrington you did not." "Eddie Munson I did. Well, more like robin did, but I did.

I put the cake on the long table next to the recliner I slept on. "There's one more thing." Eddie's smile started to widen as he saw hellfire walk in. "Steve!" He said as he had the biggest smile in the world plastered on his face." They all took chairs from other empty rooms and sat around him as they started to play and me and Robin walked outside. "I'd say that was a success." She says while sitting down on a bench.

I sit down next to her. "Thanks Robin." I say "You're welcome dingus." She laughs. Me and Robin have been through everything together. We have worked together, we've bled together, hell, we've been drugged by Russians together. Robin's always had my back and I've always had hers. She's my best friend.

"How's it going with Nancy?" I ask. "Oh god! I was supposed to meet her at the movies! I gotta go!" I wave as she pulls out of the parking lot. I look up to the sky looking at the beautiful, darkness, lit up by a million little stars and one full moon.

I go back up to his room and see him asleep and everyone going home. I sit down next to him and grab his hand. He opens his eyes "Hi." I say. "Hey." He says sleepily. "Did you like your birthday?" I ask softly. "I did very much Mr. Harrington. Thank you." "You're welcome Mr. Munson."

He sits up and smiles. He kisses me. "So how was your day?" I ask him. "It was good. My uncle brought me some lasagna and I read most of your magazines. Oh then, my teachers dropped off a bunch of work to do." "Are you going to do it?" "No, of course not! I'm in a hospital not a school!" I laugh. "Do you want a piece of cake?" "No I already had some. It was really good!" "Happy birthday." I say and give him a kiss on the cheek.

I turn the lights off and lay down next to him in the recliner. "Come lay down next to me." He says. I look at him and lay down next to him. He falls asleep and starts to cuddle me in his sleep. He has his arm thrown over me. I admire his hand with all of his cool rings. I drift off to sleep.

After I fall asleep, I keep seeing the car that hit me. The song that was on while it happened, keeps playing in my head as it happens over and over again. I wake up crying. I wake Steve up. "Eddie! What's wrong? Are you alright?" Steve turns to look at me. "I had the dream again." "Oh. You need to talk to a therapist. It would help you." "It just kept crashing into me. Over and over again."

He hugged me and I calmed down. This was the 5th night in a row that I have had this dream. He rolled back over and I put my arm over him. I started to think. Maybe I did need to see a therapist. "Hey Steve, have you been to therapy before?" "Yeah, I still go. I can give you my therapist's number if you want." He mumbled. "Yeah, I think I need to go."

A/N: hey readers! we hit 60 reads today! i'm so happy that so many people like my chapters! thank you so much for reading! i hope you enjoyed this chapter! much love♥️
words ~ 1175