chapter 28: just leave me alone

Steve ~
"Steve, if you were starving, you wouldn't be talking to me." Eddie replies, sarcastically. "You know what I mean. I'm hungry. I haven't had anything to eat all day." Steve replied. "I'm just messing around. Your mom probably made something." Eddie replied. "Yeah, you're right." I replied, rolling my window down.

He started driving and pulled into a restaurant parking lot. "Go ahead." He says before kissing me. "Thank you!" I say, before running inside. "Can I get two large fries please?" I ask. "Will that be all?" The cashier asks. I nod. "$5.67." he replies. I hand him the money and I start waiting for the fries. Once he hands me the bag, I walk back to the car.

"I got fries!" I say, getting in the car.  "Give me!" Eddie exclaims, taking a large fry out of the bag. I grab my fries and start eating. "I hope your mom isn't mad." Eddie said, swallowing. "Hey, I haven't had anything to eat today, so honestly, I don't care if she's mad." I reply. That was a lie. You don't want to cross my mom when she's mad. I didn't think she would be mad though.

We finish eating and Eddie switches seats with me. I start driving to the house. Once I park, I see Eddie fast asleep, drooling all over the window. I pick him up and carry him inside. "Hey Steven! I- oh sorry!" My mom says, realizing Eddie's asleep in my arms. I nod and carry him up to the room, laying him on the bed. I gently take his shoes off and pull the blanket over him. I walk downstairs and look at my mom.

"How was your first day?" My mom asked. "It was good. Someone asked me on a date and Eddie heard." I reply, sitting on the couch. "Oh." She responded. "It's okay, he told her to back off. The kids came by too." I say. "How does Eddie like his new job?" My mom asked, handing me a cup of water.

"He loves it. He really likes music so, being around it all day makes him happy." I reply, sipping some water. "I'm glad you two like your new jobs. I made some salad earlier, if you want some." My mom said. "Oh I'm okay, me and Eddie stopped and got something to eat. But I'll take some tomorrow." I assured her.

"Okay, honey. Well, you look tired. You should go get some rest." My mom suggested. "Goodnight." I say, walking upstairs. I kick my shoes off and get into bed.

I fall asleep almost instantly.

Eddie ~
I wake up to the alarm. Steve gets up and looks at me. "C'mon get uppp." He said while pulling me up and off of the bed. He goes in the bathroom to take a shower while I get dressed. I have to wear this stupid shirt for work. I put it on and put my hair into a ponytail. "Steve! Where are my shoes at?" I ask.

"By the door!" He yells from the bathroom. I find them and slide them on while Steve walks out of the bathroom. "Nice shirt." Steve says, holding in a laugh. "Nice vest." I say, looking at his striped vest over his black shirt.

"Did I fall asleep in the car last night?" I ask, standing up. "Yeah, I had to carry you in here. You drooled all over the van window, by the way." Steve replies. "I did not." I say, in disbelief. "You totally did. You also drooled on my arm." Steve said, while we walked downstairs.

"Hey boys!" My mom says. "Hey mom." Steve replies. "Hi Mrs. Harrington." I add. I grab the keys and pour a cup of coffee. "The ponytail looks good." Steve says, while I put the lid on my cup. "I know, right? Also, this weekend I have to meet with hellfire one last time. Wanna come with?" I ask, walking out the door. "Oh uh, I guess." Steve says, getting in the car.

He starts drinking my coffee while I drive. "Don't drink all of it!" I exclaim, driving to his work. "Sorry. It's just really good." Steve replies. "I know. You can have some, just leave me some okay Stevie?" I ask. "Okay." He takes another sip as I park.

We kiss and he waves as, he walks into his work. I start driving to the record store. I park and grab my coffee as I walk in. "Morning Eddie! You coming to hellfire this saturday?" Gareth asks. "Oh uh yeah. I'm choosing the new dungeon master." I say, sipping my coffee. "Wait really? You're leaving?" Gareth asks. "Don't tell anyone but, yes, I am." I say, organizing some records.

Someone walks in. "Hi! How can I help you?" I ask, turning around. It's my dad. "Edward?" He asked. "Hey Gareth, I'm taking lunch okay?" I ask. He knows about my dad so he nodded and I walked past him and started driving to Steve's work.

Once I got there, I parked and ran inside. Tears prickled at my eyes. "Eddie? Are-" I interupted him with a hug. "Eddie, what happened?" He asked. "M-my dad. He showed up at my work. My uncle said he was gone." I answer, starting to cry into his shoulder.

He points at the break room and Robin nods. We start walking to his break room and he sits me down in a chair. "Did he hurt you?" Steve asked. "No, he just came in and said my name. I told Gareth I was taking lunch and then I walked out." I answered, sniffling. "Are you okay?" Steve asked, hugging me. "Yeah. Can I call Gareth to see if he's gone?" I ask, while Steve wipes the tears off of my face.

"Of course." Steve replies, walking me to the phone. I dial the number to the record store and it starts ringing. "Hey, I'm Gareth. How may I help you today?" Gareth answered. "Is.. he still there?" I ask. "He left. You're good." Gareth said. "Okay, I'm on my way." I say, hanging the phone up. "Is he gone?" Steve asked. "Yeah. I gotta go. Love you!" I say while kissing his cheek. He starts blushing.

"L-love you too." He replies, sounding surprised.

I walk out with a smile and start driving back to work. I park and walk inside. "Hey Gareth!" I say, smiling. "You okay Eddie?" He asks. "All good man." I reply, sorting some records. "I kicked him out. He said to tell you that he just wants to talk." Gareth said. "I don't care what he wants." I reply, sitting down next to Gareth. A customer walks in.

"So, my son's birthday is tomorrow. I'm not sure what kind of music he likes. Could you help me please?" A woman asks. "Sure! Does he have any posters or?" I ask. "He does. It's like iron metal or something." She replies. "Iron maiden?" I ask her. "Yeah that's it. Where is it?" She asks. "Right over there." I point towards a bin of records. "Thank you!" She replies.

I nod and walk behind the counter. The phone rings. "I've got it." I say while picking it up. "This is Eddie, how can I help you?" I ask. "Can we talk?" My dad asks. "No, we can't. Leave me the hell alone and let me work." I say into the phone before hanging it up. I check my watch and see that it's almost 5. "How is it almost 5?!" I exclaim.

"I can close up after I check the last customer out." Gareth said. "I can close up. Steve doesn't get off until 8." I respond. "Okay." Gareth replies while checking the woman out. After he walks out, I lock the door and sit down, fidgeting with the rings on my fingers. I wish my dad would just leave me alone.

A/N: hey readers! i hope you enjoyed this chapter! thanks for reading. much love♥️
words ~ 1344