alternative end .i

[ surprise shawty ]

another day had passed. after yuki left, it was obvious to everyone that the mighty traveler was not doing well. he doesn't get his daily commissions done everyday anymore, he has yet to start his journey to the next nation and if he was needed for anything important, you could find him in his teapot, sleeping his day away.

paimon's concern for his well-being increases each day. one day, when he didn't even step out of his room to shower, paimon knew she had to do something.

paimon went out to the streets of inazuma city alone. a rare sight for everyone. oblivious to her surroundings, paimon continues her way towards the police station.

"excuse me.. is kujou sara here?" she ask. before the guard could reply, another person cuts him off. "what do you need me for?"

paimon turns to see sara standing there, just arrived. "sara! i need to ask something; has there been any sightings of portals around here?"

sara looked puzzled. "how did.. yes, there has been a report of someone seeing a strange door. unfortunately, the victim of that surprise was an older citizen. thankfully he survived the heart attack."

paimon stopped hearing after sara said 'door'.

"you have?! then- can paimon know where the said door was found?"

the guards on the side gave sara a hesitant look. seems like they don't completely trust paimon when aether isn't around.

"of course." sara answered without hesitation. "before that, can i know why the traveler isn't with you today? it's rare to see one without the other."

paimon nervously laughed, "traveler has been down for a long while now.." she grabs sara's hand and pulled her to the side, "see, yuki went back to her home and ever since then.. he's been in his room all day! paimon wants to do something to get him going again."

kujou sara stared at the fairy, unchanged. but she understood what paimon was feeling. she too, cares about the three travelers, though she doesn't show it.

how could she not care for the sorcerer after she came to sara's office one day to deliver her homemade lunch as a thank you?

"i'll bring you to the portal." paimon's eyes sparkled, spouting words of thank you profusely.

"let me come along!" the two turns their heads to see a male shorter than sara. "shikanoin?" sara cross her arms over her chest, "and why should you come along?"

"kujou, that strange portal you two talked about hasn't been determined of it's location. so.. with my skills, it'll be easier to find it." sara looked sceptical but couldn't deny his statement.

"fine. let's go now. no more time should be wasted." she look towards paimon, "call the traveler over. if this portal is really related to inumaki, we shall all find it together."

finally, the group finally came to a stop, standing before them was a strange portal. it was luckily far from the city, the chances of somebody's curiousity taking over them and ended with them entering the portal, was less.

aether followed mindlessly. paimon didn't tell him about this mission having the possibility of being related to yuki. didn't want to get his hopes up.

sara and heizou figured paimon's intentions as soon as aether arrived looking uninterested.

"this is it. we have yet to send anyone to investigate as we have no idea what is inside or where this could lead to." slowly, heizou puts his hand out to touch the side of the portal.