『 ...fault? 』

diluc watch as the sorcerer defeat every single curses around mondstadt. because their leader was defeated, none will come back, hopefully. he tried to help, but even with full strength of his.. they'd just regenerate again.

so, he just sat on the side just in case the girl ever gets hurt. but so far she was doing pretty well. he still haven't witness that power of hers after coming out of that domain. it's like she's avoiding her own power. why is that, diluc wonders.

fortunately, her imbued weapon made her job possible.

the curse hunting with diluc last until past nighttime. after being positive there were no other curses around, yuki signals to the redhead that the job was done.

"great work. i suggest you rest well after all that." he says as they finally reach the gate of mondstadt. the rumors about her must've spread, because she was getting looks of fear from the people around. unknown to her, who had her eyes on the floor, not really caring, diluc glares at the people around.

"come to my tavern for breakfast tomorrow. think of it as a treat of helping." diluc puts his hand on her shoulder, "what do you prefer? i'll try my best."

yuki's eyes visibly lit up. can he really fulfill her cravings?

"if you can't directly say things, feel free to use sign language. i'm pretty fluent in that, too. unless.. you aren't?"

'great!'

after signing her answer, diluc looks at her in amusement. "riceballs? that's all?" she nod at his question. she indeed was craving her favorite food of all time. "specifically, tuna and mayo?" she nod again.

after processing everything, diluc nod. "it's a deal, then. come to my tavern tomorrow morning. i'll be there."

with that, diluc left.

she was upset he ruined her plan, but he's making up for it and that's all that matters. holding grudges is not really yuki's forté, but she does keep blackmails for gojo.

example, when she caught him trying a maid outfit on–

anyway.. after diluc was out of sight, yuki continues her mission on finding her two friends. the eyes of the people are back now that diluc is gone. she felt one glare from one specific person by the flower shop though..

she couldn't ask anyone for help.. so, she has to trust her luck and hope that aether will miraculously appear.

suddenly, the once quiet night was interrupted when a loud smash echoed throughout the city. all eyes turn towards the entrance gate. they were horrified to see the two guards outside, on the ground.

pass them, was a curse with a human-like body, standing in the middle and in front of the adventurer's guild's desk. it looked strong.

the people of mondstadt started screaming, running to safety. like it had known it's target, the curse lunges towards the white haired sorcerer.

yuki swiftly avoids, hand gripping her weapon that she brought out immediately. the curse stood in front of her, looking like it was breathing heavily. was it angered?

"you..." the curse speaks. the people who were too horrified to move to a safe place, like sara from good hunter, the woman in the shop, cat's tail's boss, and timaeus from the alchemy side were curled up into a ball, more horrified after hearing the creature talk.

"you're the one that killed my brother!! along with that red dude!!" it growled. 'so that's what it's here for..

revenge.'