『 kamisato household 』

"inumaki-san, how are you feeling?" the sweet voice of ayaka echoes through the room. the lady sat herself down beside yuki who laid on her back.

yuki smiled, nodding as to say she feels alright. thoma had done a wonderful job at treating her. some wounds were even unknown to her at first. after, he goes to make a meal for her and the others when they come back. hopefully.

"i'm sorry. being one of the commissions under the shogun, i couldn't include myself into the battle. it would cause problems on our side.." ayaka's head was down in shame. she let out a quiet gasp when a hand softly landed on her head.

ayaka glances up to see yuki still smiling sweetly at her. yuki's nod seem to mean a lot to the lady. ayaka felt herself getting a little emotional over the gesture.

actually, she only heard about the young inumaki through the traveler and kazuha. mostly from aether. only of her title as a sorcerer and what she's capable of.

but despite this being the first time they meet, it already feel so comfortable for the two. "may i ask, are you a younger sibling, perhaps?" yuki gave another nod, this time a little more enthusiastic as she thought about her brother.

"i see. i'm also a younger sibling. my brother, the head of the clan, has been taking care of me for so long now."

yuki points a finger to herself, "twin."

ayaka blinked in surprise. "oh! a twin? that's wonderful! i've never personally met a twin before. please, if i may be so bold, do your twin look identical to you?"

yuki nod once again, giggling at ayaka's fascination.

"then, are they around?"

the unexpected question made the sorcerer freeze. she knew ayaka didn't mean it the bad way but couldn't help but feel her heart tearing a little.

before she could reply, the door abruptly opens, causing ayaka to quickly put her arm out in front of yuki. her other hand hovering over her side to pull out her weapon if needed.

but all quickly relaxed upon seeing paimon and aether's faces. the latter looking like he could pass out any second due to lack of oxygen.

"traveler.. thank goodness, i thought someone–" ayaka was cut off when aether basically threw himself over yuki, putting his arms under hers and up to her head. his knees in between her legs, preventing himself from putting his weight on her.

he looked straight into her eyes, "never.. put yourself after me. please." yuki thought they must've told him what had happened to her. she relaxed herself, "sha-ke."

"seriously, stop getting hurt!" he lightly tap her cheek, a dissatisfied expression on his face.

"mentaiko." she pushes him off her by his face. aether groaned as he landed on the cold floor beside her.  "ow?"

"ikura."

a light tap appears on ayaka's shoulder, making her look away from the two. "m'lady, the food i prepared are done. can you bring them to the other room while i get the lord? he hasn't eaten yet this afternoon."

"alright." thoma thanked her before heading out.

aether was trying to get back up and 'punish' yuki by pinching her cheeks but yuki stayed protective of her precious face. "tuna tuna. okaka."

"well, 'satoru' should know better that he's not always around to protect those cute cheeks of yours!"

"okaka!"

ayaka make herself known to the duo again with a clap of her hands. "alright, inumaki-san, time for dinner." seeing her chance of escape, yuki pushed aether a few feet away and stood up, immediately putting her arms around the lady. "mmh mmh." she nod, pulling ayaka out the door.