『 way to euthymia 』

inumaki yuki ran with all her might all the way outside, just in case the balladeer goes against his words and came for her tail. seeing sunlight once again, she collapse onto the ground, landing on her knees as she breathes heavily. she was really lacking the curse energy by now. followed by the cursed spirit, she figured scaramouche is not a normal villain after all.

this is what happens when i don't train.. she thought.

"yuki!" the sorcerer sighs out in relief after hearing a very familiar voice. she looked at him for a second with a weak smile before falling to the ground completely.

kazuha immediately goes to her side, helping her to sit up again. "you have bruises all over." well-

"takana.."

kazuha sprung her up with both of his arms, holding her close, bridal-style, as they call it. "relax yourself. i'll get you back to watatsumi island."

"sha-ke.."

but yuki could not close her eyes. she was still worried about aether's condition. she badly wants to ask, so that's exactly what she does, "aether? paimon?"

kazuha quickly catches that she was asking him about them. "unfortunately, i haven't seen them at all. i arrived before you come out. i thought he would be with you but  you turn out to be alone."

so that means, aether and paimon's location is unknown? but aren't they wanted in inazuma? they couldn't have gone to the city, right?

"not even a week in, and here you are, back under my care." yuki awkwardly smiled as kokomi started patching her up on her injuries. she found out that kokomi doesn't attend minor medical matters as she usually has other urgent matters to attend. gorou told her about this. but somehow kokomi's always finding time to aid yuki to better health.

"mentaiko.."

and once again was she separated from her travelling companions.

her stomach quietly growled. 'maybe i am hungry..' an annoyed looking harbinger popped into her mind.

"i'm surprised you survived that harbinger's wrath inside the factory. did you beat him to a pulp?" kazuha spoke softly. he's been helping yuki in getting around. not once did he leave her alone while she's recovering. except for the times she needed obvious privacy, of course. well, in his defence, the last time he took his eyes off of her; she ended up inside a fatui's secret base of some sort.

"sha-ke ikura."

not long after, yuki was back on her feet. she's not letting herself on bed rest anymore. the undeniably-scary maki wouldn't like the sound of that!

giving in to yuki's insistence on training, kazuha decides to join her.

he must admit, the sorcerer is definitely not an easy person to mess with. she is quick on her feet and very nimble, along with a high stamina due to her lasting for longer than anyone else kazuha had fought against.

there were times where he felt her throws becoming even stronger and there would be a certain energy around her. he wonders if it's a part of her capabilities.

of course, yuki was using her cursed energy but kazuha didn't need to know that.

"yuki, dinner time." after another long day of training, the two sat together once again for the night. though yuki realised tonight's dinner was served earlier than usual.

"we're heading to the tenshukaku as instructed by kokomi. we'll be with a group of resistance soldiers and gorou. i hope you're prepared for whatever is going to come upon us."