005 | dandelion

It's been days since Jimin's asked

It's been days since Jimin's asked. He's starting to worry. Maybe he should've been more tactful because Jungkook's response had been, "Let me think about it."

After that, they'd all cleaned up and went to bed. One bed. They all slept in one bed, Jungkook's comfortable full-size mattress. It was wonderful and Jimin was sure that Jungkook would agree to move in by morning.

Only, he didn't. He'd simply hugged them good-bye and went off to work while the two went home before sunrise.

"Jimin? Are you paying attention?" Yoongi asks.

Jimin's pulled back into the present. Yoongi's sitting next to him. They're tasting cakes for the wedding, and all of them register the same right now. It's just sugar, flour, and cream. "Let's pick one and go."

Yoongi frowns. "I'm— I'm upset because you said you were going to marry me and this cake is important to the ceremony and you're not taking it seriously."

It's amazing what Jungkook's done for them, coaxing them to trust each other, giving them the skills to communicate.

"I'm sorry," Jimin sighs, taking Yoongi's hand "They all taste the same. My head's just— Jungkook hasn't agreed to live with us. I'm going crazy. The strawberry one was my favorite. Let's go with that."

Yoongi smiles, playing with Jimin's fingers. "Okay. You know what? A lot of the guests are full-bloods. They don't even like cake."

Jimin rests his cheek on Yoongi's shoulders. The other adjusts to make it more comfortable before pressing a kiss to the crown of Jimin's head.

"Why didn't he agree? What did I do wrong? How can we make him say yes, hyung?" Jimin whines miserably.

"I've learned it's wrong to coerce someone to do things they don't want to," Yoongi whispers, and the way Jimin's heart beats for it. "We need to wait and let him decide. It's the only way."

Jimin tilts his head upward, pressing his lips to Yoongi's. "I love you, hyung."

Belatedly, the half-blood realizes that it's the first time he's said it ever. Though, he's been feeling strong it for a few days now.

Yoongi looks like he's about to cry. "What? Why— What did I say?"

"It's what I needed to hear," Jimin whispers, cupping the older's face. "Thank you, hyung."

The full-immortal is trembling, his hands vibrating as he struggles with his emotions. He tears up. "You love me?"

"Well, I am marrying you, hyung," Jimin laughs, taking Yoongi's hand again and giving it a squeeze.

"Yes, but-" Yoongi struggles.

The baker comes back with two chutes of animal blood to clean their pallets. "What do you think? Is there anyone you like?"