School Lies

On the Upper East Side, it's easy to think that the world is exactly as it appears. Refined, elegant, imposing. But sometimes all it take is a little key to open a door to the wild side.

Nick's POV:

It was almost a start to the new semester, and what better way to commemorate that than to break in to the school and have a pool party. 

"Nick." Blair said after I saw up to her. "Why've you been avoiding me?" I asked her as I wrapped my arms around her. "Avoiding you? What?" Blair said, trying to pretend like she had no idea what I was talking about. "Ever since I got back from Monaco, you've been not returning my calls or my texts. I've barely seen you." I as I bean to kiss up her neck. "Really? I don't recall." she said as she bit back her moans. "Well, do you recall that night after the debutante ball?" I asked her as I nipped her ear. "Yes. I do." She said, the moans escaping much easier now. I turned her around and kissed her. I could feel her almost giving in, but whatever was causing her to hold herself back made her push me away and then swim away. 

"Hey, Bro." Nate said as he swam up to me. "Where's Blair going?" "As far away from me as she can get, apparently." I told him, still confused about what I did to cause this. "Where's Cat? I thought you'd be having you tongue down her throat in a corner somewhere." "Shut up." He told me as he gave me a brotherly shove. "She's working on her audition for this musical. She says if she gets it, then it'll increase her chances of getting into Juilliard." "Smart, gorgeous and talented. Why is she with you again?" I asked him jokingly, making Nate laugh with me.

As the night went on, so did the party, along with some chaos. Out of nowhere, while Nate and I were talking to Chuck, we all heard this splash. Next thing we know there's a guy laying face first in the water, not moving, and blood spreading in the water. Nate and I jumped into the water and pulled him out, then proceeded to do CPR once we got him out of the pool. Serena called an ambulance, and when we all heard the sirens, we made a run for it. It sometimes amazes me how a moment of fun can turn to chaos.

And the next day, thing only got worse. "Thanks to the cell phone somebody left behind, we've got plenty of evidence of who was at the party." said headmaster Prescott. "Lucky for you, Andrew Collins is going to be fine. Unlucky for you,  we need to hold someone responsible. Miss Queller?" The new headmistress stood up in front of us, looking at us with subtle disgust. "Hello. I'm Ms. Queller. The new headmistress at Constance. It's unfortunate that we meet under these circumstances.  But I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you." She said as she began to walk down the aisle and look and all of us. 

"I've already talked to your parents. At least those I could reach. And look forward to reading you personal essays. Ten thousand words describing how you came to be on school property after hours using alcohol and drugs, where a fellow student almost died. In other words what the hell is wrong with you?" The headmistress said to us. "I'll also be conducting one-on-one interviews. Until I discover who broke into the pool and initiated the party. That person will be expelled. If that person is not identified, then you'll all face expulsion." We were all in shock, wondering who would keep their mouth's shut and who would crack under pressure.

"So we all know how this works." Blair said when we're all out in the courtyard. "No on talks, no one gets into trouble." Chuck clarified. "Who did break in anyway?" Nate asked. "I guess we don't have to worry about Nate cracking under pressure." I quipped. "So are we all agreed?" Blair asked. Everyone nodded in solidarity, well almost everyone. "Look, Blair, I know you have your sights set on Yale, but, uh, this Skull and Bones stuff is a bit much." Dan said. "Maybe," Blair confirmed, "But it works. Every time." 

Just as we were about to split up, we saw Cat walk up to us. "Excuse me." She said as she made her way through us to get where we just left. "Cat, where are you going?" Dan asked his sister. "The new headmistress wanted to talk to me." She said as she quickened her pace, seeming like she wanted to get away from us. "Anybody say anything to her about the party." Chuck asked when she was out of sight. "Cat wouldn't do that to us." Serena said in her defense, she's not that kind of person." Nate confirmed. "And yet she couldn't get away from us fast enough." Chuck said making us wonder what Cat knew, and what she would tell Queller.