The Wild Brunch

I bet you're wondering what Gossip Girl is doing up so early. Truth is, I never went to bed. Why waste precious time dreaming when waking life is so much better? Is there anything better than a Lazy Sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, Scrambling and egg or two. Yeah right? We Upper East Siders don't do lazy. Breakfast is brunch, and it comes with champagne, a dress code, and a hundred of our closest friends... and enemies. Chuck's dad, Bart Bass is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation. Everyone is invited. Well, not everyone.

Cat'S POV:
Jenny and I were in our room when Dan raised the garage door/divider the separated his room from our room. "Hey. You guys are up." Dan said, but it was obvious that he was speaking more to Jenny than to me. "And you're checking up on Jenny." I told him, knowing just what he was trying to do. "And would it kill you to knock? Just because you have access to our room, doesn't mean you can abuse it." I told him.

"Besides, you don't need to keep checking up on me Dan." Jenny said, getting back to the original topic. "I'm ok, really, I'm ok. I was ok when you asked me at the party, in the cab, when we got home, before and after I brushed my teeth. I just feel really... stupid." She finished. I knew she wanted to say more, but she stopped herself when she looked at me. I tried to ask them what happened at the party last night, but neither one would give me a straight answer. All they told me was that there was an issue that mad Dan and Serena go to the party to tale Jenny home. 

"The better question is, how are you?" Jenny asked Dan. "Why's that a better question?" I asked Jenny. "At the end of the night, when we dropped off Serena at the Palace, Dan ended the night with a wave." she told me, and I turned towards Dan and said, "Please tell me she's joking." All he could say was "I didn't think it was that bad." I ran over to him and smacked him upside the head. 

"You idiot!" I yelled at him. "Why didn't you just give her a fist bump and say 'See you around pal'?" I loved my brother, really I did, but sometimes he could be a real idiot. "Your'e right," Dan said as he put a hand to his face in frustration and started to pace. "She probably thinks I hate her now. I waited my entire adolescent life for a date with this girl, and I decided to close the evening with a wave. I blew it." 

"Which means you have nothing to lose." Jenny told him. "Nothing but my last shred of dignity," he countered. "Please, you lost that years ago." I told him. "Not funny," he told me as he pointed at me, "But you're right. I'll just go talk to her. Apologize for the wave, tell her how much I like her, and ask for a second shot. I'm gonna get a second shot." "Just remember to take a shower first." I told him. "And change into a better outfit." Jenny told him. Dan proceeding to look as his clothes and smell himself before he gave us a thumbs up, walked back to his room, and closed the garage door.

Nick's POV:

I was in Chuck's suite with him and Nate when I could hear some weird vibrations. When I saw that it was Nate's phone I woke him up. "Nate, answer your phone." I told him. "Hello?" he said in the phone, obviously still not quite awake. "No, I'm up." He said in response to the person on the other end of the conversation. "Oh right. Of course." he said before hanging up his phone and throwing it back on the coffee table. I knew that there were only three people that would be calling him at the moment, one of our parents, or Blair. My money was on Blair. 

"Nathaniel, Nicholas, keep it down." Chuck said from his bed of women, not knowing which one of us was making the noise. "Some of us are trying to regain our strength." Wether he was talking about getting over his hangover or regaining his strength from his menage au trois I couldn't say, nor did I ever want to find out. 

"Your dad's brunch is today." Nate said as he sat up on the couch. "Alarm's set for 9:00." Chuck assured us. "Then why does the clock say 10:00" I asked as I sat up on the other couch. "Chuck sighed and got back up before waking up his dad's waitresses. "Ladies, double-time. Unless... gentlemen?" "We're good." Nate said. "Actually could you bring some coffee when you get a chance." I said as they made themselves presentable. "And some water. Lots of water." Nate added on. "You want some ice  with that?" one of the girls asked, before turning to Chuck. "It looks like you could use some." "That's enough ladies. And I'll be sure to tell my father just how committed you are to the hospitality industry." Chuck said as he escorted the girls out of his suite.