Hi, Society

Hey Upper East Siders, it's that time of year again. When the mere act of descending a staircase means you're a woman. That's right: Debutante season. And from what we hear, there's been some changes to the lineup.

Cat's POV:

With Serena and Dan getting so serious, and given how much time has passed since the three of us all went shopping together, Serena thought that it was time for her, Blair and I to hang out together again. Which is how I found myself walking with them Debutante dance rehearsal right after school.

"I'm actually glad I'm going with Prince Theodore instead of Nate." Blair told us, not yet knowing thatNate and I are a couple. "The further we get from the break-up the less invested I see he was in our relationship. Always so brooding and tortured. Ugh. A girl want Romeo not Hamlet." "Romeo died." I pointed out to her. "Yeah. But he died for something exciting." Blair clarified to me. "And I want my debutante ball to be something to die for." If you told me that one day Blair Waldorf, Serena Van der Woodsen and I would be walking though Manhattan together Joking and laughing together, I would've had you checked into the Ostroff Center.

Nick's POV:

"Hey, so, uh, had Blair mentioned who's escorting her?" I asked Nate and Chuck. With Nate and Blair no longer being a thing, that meant that he was longer her escort for the Debutante ball, but it left behind a question of whether I should try and fill his spot or not. "Why? Still having sex dreams about your dream girl?" Chuck asked me. "It's not that. It's just that every time I see her lately, there's something different. She's lighter, happier. She just seems like she's back to her hold self, and then some." I told the guys. "She does have a certain glow about her, doesn't she?" Chuck conceded.

Cat's POV:

"All I get with Nate is some rosé in the back of a town car. But with the prince, I get a security detail and a high-speed chase to the Pierre after it's over." Blair told us. "Ooh! I can see you on the cover of 'Hello!' already." Serena said as she looped her arm through Blair's. "Yeh, well, try the 'New York Times'. They's chosen me for 'A Night Out With' and I'm going to give them the most perfect night of the year." Blair said, the excitement glistening off of her body.

Nick's POV:

"With our Dad in rehab, it's like the pressure's finally off of Nate and I. And now all I can think about is Blair." I said. 

Cat's POV:

"Hey, Serena," I said to her as we continued on to the dance studio. "Is you mom mad that you're not being presented?" "Well, she doesn't have a leg to stand on since I found out she used to be your dad's biggest fan! Ew! It sound so gross when I say it out loud." Serena said. "Silly me. Here I actually thought you wanted to go." Blair told her. "I'm here with you, aren't I?" Serena said. "Yeah, only 'cause your grandmother's meeting you here." Blair clarified as we walked into the building. "Blah, blah, blah." Serena joked.

Once we were in the studio, the dancing commenced. Nate and I stood next to each other, not so discreetly holding hands. We decided that rather than announcing our relationship, we'd just let everyone figure it out for themselves.

I have to say it was interesting watching the rehearsal for the ball. There was Chuck not being able to take his eyes off of Blair, Nick also not being able take his eyes off of Blair, and Blair not being able to take her eyes off of Chuck and Nick. If I din't know any better, I would've sworn those three were in a throuple. 

"Cat, I see Dan and Jenny. Come on!" Serena said as she grabbed my hand and yanked me after her and away from Nate. After we maneuvered through the dancers we made it over to my brother and sister. "Oh you made it." She said to Dan as she flung herself into his arms. "I can't wait for you to meet my Grandma CeCe. You're gonna love her." "I'm sure I will" Dan told her. "And I'm sure you're gonna put your foot in your mouth the way you always do." I told him with a smirk and hug. "Hi, Jenny." I told her as I hugged her. "Hey" she said, but her attention was not on me, but rather the dancing upperclass.