Victor/Victrola

Have you heard Upper East Siders? Burlesque is all the rage again, and sometimes a little raging is all you need. And as always, Chuck's aiming to be ahead of the curves. 

Nick's POV:

"They all seem very discreet. It's up to the two of you, but you will both choose a facility, and you will both get the help you need after our dinner with the Waldorfs tomorrow night, of course. Unless you'd both like to ruin honoring your father's new business union with Eleanor." Mom said as she laid out a bunch of brochures for drug rehab facilities that she was thinking of sending Nate and I. Dad just sat at his desk saying nothing. 

"Anne, it's alright. Let me talk to them." Dad finally said, still making us take the warp for him. Mom left the three of us, and needles to say, you would need a chainsaw to cut through the tension in that office. "How could you not tell her the drugs were yours?" Nate asked him, always the one to get to the point. "You're not gonna end up in one of these places." Dad said, "Let me talk to her. You know how you mother overreacts." Dad said as he tried to come us down. "Yeah, 'cause it's Mom who's the problem right?" I snaked at him. 

"Look, work's been kicking my ass lately. The old man doesn't wear the hours as well as he used to. This young viper at the office, Frank Meltzer, saw me fading one night, so he offered me a pick-me-up. It was stupid. I didn't even like it." He was just giving excuses that Nate and I would've used if we really were the ones using drugs. "Hey, I'll flush the bag right now, alright?" 

"Look" he said when he saw we weren't taking the bait just yet, "Let's not put a damper on the upcoming festivities. I've landed the Waldorf account, and one of my sons has landed a Waldorf." That last part was for Nate. Did I mention that with all this drama, he hasn't had a chance to tell Mom and Dad that he and Blair broke up?

"So, that's it huh?" I said as he walked out of the room. "Hey, I'm not cutting the conversation short. Drinks after school at the club? Non-alcoholic, of course." He said to us. And as much as we knew he was lying, we also wanted to believe him so bad and just let him go.

Cat's POV:

Jenny and I were currently tearing our room apart looking for the bracelet she wore at the masquerade ball. It was on loan under Blair's name, and if she found out that Jenny went to the ball after she told her not to, then all hell would break loose.

"Hey Dad, have you seen a bracelet?" I asked him when I opened our bedroom door. "You know round, silverish, sparkly?" Jenny described for him. "Yeah, I think I saw that next to that ambiguous vague thing by the nondescript place" Dad snarked at us. "A simple no would've sufficed." I told him. Just as Jenny and I went back to searching our room. We heard the rest of his phone call. 

"No, Alison, uh, I haven't told them anything yet. Well, what should I be telling them when I don't even know what's..." And that's when he spotted us. "Who are you talking to?" Jenny asked, even thought we already knew the answer. "Your mother." He told us. "Tel her we say hi." Jenny said. "Actually, just tell her that Jenny said hi, and that Catherine wants nothing to do with her." I said as I grabbed my stuff and made my way to school. And if my day couldn't get any worse, Vanessa was on the other side of the door. I just scoffed and kept making my way to school.

Spotted: Serena and Not-So-Lonely boy clearly past courtship in the courtyard. But can Brooklyn keep up with the uptown express?

Nick's POV: 

I was currently walking through the halls of Constance, hunting down Jenny. Thankfully it didn't take me long. "Oh. Serena, right?" "Uh, that's...funny." Jenny said, trying to hide her tension. "Mm, not really. No" I told her, knowing it was a crappy joke from the start. "So, um, what are you doing in the girls' hall?" Jenny asked. "I was actually looking for you." I answered as I ed her to the court yard. 

Uptown Meets Downtown (A Gossip Girl Fan Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara