Dare Devil

With the Archibald twins helping to close up the family yacht for the season, Blair is free to focus on the most important event of the fall: her annual sleepover. A tradition since the year 2000, each one more decadent than the last. No expense-or reputation- is spared. With everything from trundle beds to truffles in place, all that's missing is sleepover star and Waldorf BFF, Serena van der Woodsen.

Jenny and I were walking together to our respective classes when the voice of Serena began to follow us. "Hey jus the sisters I was looking for. I need answers and I need them now. Your brother is being very mysterious about our date tonight." Serena said when she caught up to us, wanting to know what Dan told us about our upcoming date."Well, apparently, he's a mysterious guy." Jenny said, and we all laughed at that. 

"He won't even tell me where we're going. Can you guys just give me a hint? Are we going to some secret club to see the best unsigned band in Brooklyn? Or-or a guerrilla art exhibit in Dumbo? Or, hey, isn't the New York Film Festival still going on?" Serena asked us, and I made a mental note to never attempt tot plan her a surprise party. "You don't like surprise much, do you?" I asked her. "I don't know how to dress for a surprise. Not everything goes with it, you know."

"Well, I'd say jeans and a T-shirt is a safe bet." Jenny told her. "She's right." I said in agreement "For the Humphrey men, casual Friday is everyday of the week." Right after I said that, Serena's phone started to ring. "Oh, it's my brother." She told us. "We say hi." Jenny and I said together. "Hey, Eric. Jenny and Cat say hi." Serena told him. "No, not a drop." She said as she looked pointedly at Jenny and I, most likely about her date with Dan tonight. "You all packed? Hey speaking of which is Mom still there?" Serena said, probably about Eric visiting from the Ostroff Center. Jenny and Dan filled me in on what happened after I left the Ivy week mixer, with Serena and Eric's blessing. "Seven, can't wait to see you." It must have made Serena feel so good to be able to see her brother outside of a mental hospital. I couldn't begin to imagine what that must have felt like. "Okay, I love you Eric. Bye" Serena said as she hung up the phone.

"What was that I heard? Eric's coming home?" Blair asked, the only other person to know the truth behind the Van der Woodsens and the Ostroff Center. "It's perfect timing." Blair said. "How so?" Serena asked. "Well, it gives our mother and brother time to bond alone tonight while you get drunk on Schnapps and moon the NYU dorms from the limo." Blair said, as if any of the sentence made any sense.

"Blair, what are are you talking about?" Serena asked with a chuckle. "S, it's only the most important night of the fall." Blair said, and that's when the realization hits Serena. "Oh the sleepover." She said, looking like she wanted to kick herself for forgetting. "I prefer soiree. Sleepover is so sophomore year" Blair said.

"Look, you know I can't go to that. I have that plan." Serena said, referring to her date with my brother. "Serena, when there's a Waldorf soiree there's nothing else on the social calendar." Blair said. "Blair the plan is Dan." I told her, jumping to Serena's defense. "Remember, the guy you realized is actually a human being and worthy of your time and attention?" Serena added on, then turned to Jenny and I. "No offense." "None taken." Jenny and I said. "Look, I'm really sorry but this date is unbreakable.  Maybe we can sing by later or something." Serena said trying to appease her best friend. "I'm not a stop along the way. I'm a destination. And if you refuse to attend I'm going to have to find a replacement. Girls, the waiting list." Blair said. The one thing that can always be said about Blair Waldorf is that she knows her worth and value.

"Ok. Well, uh, I should get going." Serena said, getting ready to go to class. And I decided to go with her seeing as I hated being late for class. But first I had to take care of something. "Jenny might be a good replacement for your soiree tonight. Just saying." I whispered to Blair before heading to my next class.