Two Stripes

The toilet seat suddenly felt colder, or it was just her. Jisoo froze. She couldn't move, not even an inch. One of her hand hanging, holding a thin object that looked like an ice cream stick with two red stripes on it.

This can't be true.

She knew she was just in denial. She wanted to believe that the test was false, yet a single tear dropped from her eye. Deep inside she knew it was real.

"Unnie, how is it?" Jennie knocked on the toilet door where Jisoo was.

She was in there for more than thirty minutes, now. Jisoo couldn't answer. She just sniffed, then flushed the toilet. When she opened the door, Jennie quickly approached her.

"It's not like... what I thought, is it?" She tried to smile.

Jisoo shook her head. "No, you were right."

Her best friend was too stunned to speak. Jennie was the one who suggested Jisoo to took the test, but she clearly didn't want her hunch to be true.

"Just in case, Unnie". Jennie said yesterday, jokingly, when they checked out a test pack from an online store.

It was yesterday as well when Jisoo thought Jennie has lost her mind to even got that idea, just because Jisoo looked pale and had lost her appetite due to nausea that she has experienced for a week.

"You were joking." Jennie said again.

"Jen..." Jisoo called her with soft voice. "I'm pregnant."

It took her a while until she could read Jennie's facial expression. She was dissappointed.

"God..." Jennie walked away, she rubbed her own forehead. "Didn't you use protection?"

Again, Jisoo shook her head. "It was just one time..."

"It still can happen even if it was just one time, Unnie! How can you be so fool?"

Jisoo was shocked to see that reaction. It seemed like Jennie instantly regretted it.

"I'm sorry. I was just shocked." She held Jisoo's hand. "Don't worry. I will help you to get trough this. Let's keep it as secret for now from everyone, including Lisa and Chaeyoung. But first, you need to tell him. You two need to discuss this, Unnie."

Haein Oppa...

Jisoo suddenly missed him so much. For Jisoo, Haein was the most gentle, kind-hearted man she ever known. Since they started dating, he never treated Jisoo in a way that she didn't like. Not even once. That was why she trusted him. That was way she gave him everything, including her body. Still, Jisoo couldn't imagine how Haein would react to this news. Her mind went blank. Too many things to consider.

Slowly, she moved her hand and placed it on her stomach. Was it really there? She wondered. Her and Haein's baby.