My knuckles were bleeding, but nothing hurt more than seeing y/n.

I felt tears forming at the corners of my eyes.

"Muichiro..." Shinobu whispered. "I-I'm so sorry..."

Streams were going down my face.

Everything about life, I hated it. But, you, y/n made it 10x better and worth living for. And look at that, your dead now right in front of me.

I cant even look at you. I'm too scared to...

Was that it?

Now just get her dead body, burry it, then have some dark funeral just for everyone to move on eventually.

Everything just felt so much darker now. Like the definition of life itself.

Just as I was so deep into thought, I hadn't realized everyone slowly started backing up.

"Muichiro..." Mitsuri whispered.

"What?"

"Muichiro!" Sanemi snapped.

"WHAT?!" I answered furiously.

I looked up and saw y/n's wound slowly heal.

"I don't think this is good..." Shinobu backed up more. "Nothing has really happened after what muzan did. And you all saw that blood he had at the palm of his hand right?"

"Are you saying—"

Y/n's eyes opened, but this time her eyes had a dull color of e/c eyes. Her hair was messy and lighter than her hair color before.

She was a whole different person. No she isn't a person anymore, nor was she y/n.

As we all started backing up, y/n rose.

She looked like a puppet under muzans control.

I gritted firmly on my teeth.

Y/n pulled her hair back and stared directly at me.

Her eyes. It made me sad, heartbroken. I couldn't look at them the same anymore. They weren't bright nor colorful, they were in fact dull.

"Muichiro..." Giyuu said. "I know you don't want to do this, but it's your only choice. You don't have an option. We can finish this here and end it all now."

"No..." I mumbled. "I just—"

Y/n leapt towards me and we both fell to the ground.

She was on top of me as I held her back from trying to attack me.

"I just can't hurt you."

Tears fell from her eyes.

What?...

Y/n kept forcing attacks at me but tears rolled down her face at the same time.

Oh my y/n, what goes on inside your head? What are you thinking?

"We have to help him!" Sanemi yelled.

"No." Giyuu stopped him with his sword.

"No?! He's gonna get himself eaten!"

If I let go, I'd only accept my fate.

"Y/n..." I felt my eyes water. "I don't want to do this to you. I can't. I just can't!"

I couldn't even imagine myself doing what everyone expects me to do. I don't have the guts to pick my up my sword right now and hold it at you. I'd start trembling, I'd start shaking. Pointing my sword at you is the last thing I'll do, and I swear by that.

She was still in there, I know that. It's y/n, she WILL push through and I know she is right now.

"I cant hurt you because..."

"I love you."

She stopped. She stopped moving.

"I love you y/n," I said again. "Come back to me please. I need you."

She stood up and looked at me once more with those eyes, like a call for help, then ran away into the darkness.

I felt lost for words.

"I need you y/n," I cried, curling up on the floor.