#29: My Brother's Keeper

11:25 am | Zeus's Mendez's Ranch
Neveah Greene's POV

            "Let me out of here!" I yelled, banging on the steel door. "I didn't do anything!"

            Once again, I have found myself locked away in Zeus's dungeon. After the phone call with my father, Zeus ordered two of his minions to bring me back here as punishment.

            Punishment?

            Being held against my will was enough punishment.

            I kicked the door in rage one more time before I took a seat on the cold concrete ground feeling defeated. To lighten the mood, I thought about Vixen being tortured. In my eyes, that was the perfect treatment for her.

            She deserves it.

Instead of helping Freddie and me, she set us up. I could never forgive her for that. At the moment, I blamed Freddie for not listening to me. I tried to tell him that I didn't trust her, but he wouldn't listen and now he's dead. The moment he was shot flooded my memories.

            I can't believe he's gone.

            Tears began to run down my face.

            I lost Freddie

            My father wasn't here.

            And Athena was being taken care of by someone who wasn't me.

            At that moment, I couldn't hold it in any longer. From deep within me, I let out the loudest scream to release the pain.

            I've had enough! I wanted my daughter and I wanted to be out of this hell.

            A feeling I can't describe came over me. Standing up, I wiped away the tears and faced the steel door. With my fist balled, I banged on the door repeatedly until someone came.

            Minutes began to pass, and no one has come. I continue to bang and bang. The side of my fist is bloody, bruised, and becoming numb. I wanted to stop and rest but I couldn't. Instead, I rested my forehead on the door and continued banging. Suddenly, I heard the door unlocked. I slowly backed away, preparing myself.

            The door slowly opened.

            His scent.

            His tall silhouette.

            "Mateo?"

            He steps into the light, "What the hell, Neveah? Look at your hands."

            I glanced down, unphased by the damaged I caused, and then brought my attention back to him. "Let me out," I said in a raspy tone. My voice was practically gone from all the yelling and screaming I was doing.

            Mateo heavily sighs, "Come on."

            I slowly step out of the dungeon and ask, "What about your uncle?"

            "I'll deal with my uncle."

            Mateo takes me back to my original suite and asks one of the housemaids to tend to my wounded hands while he went to go talk to Zeus. I'm sure word has already gotten back to him. The two minions who threw me in there argued with Mateo and accused him of disobeying his uncle's wishes. Mateo quickly reminded them that he was the reason they had the job in the first place.