Her face was still as pretty as it was back then.

I can't believe my whole world was standing just 5 steps away from me.

"y/n..." I said, frozen to the ground.

"Muichiro are you okay?!" She said to me.

"I'm so sorry."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Do you not remember?" I asked. "When we were attacked years ago, I was too scared and ran away... I left you."

"Wh—"

"Enough of this lovey dovey reunion," Muzan cuts in. "I never thought this day would come... I finally get to face each and one of you hashiras!"

I quickly tried to untie y/n, but muzan appears between us.

"How about a deal?" He smirks. "If you guys manage to beat me, I'll set her free. BUT, if you guys fail to do so, there will be bad consequences with your y/n."

"That's not fair," I gritted my teeth.

"Oh? Is that so?"

"Muichiro stop," y/n said in distress.

"Well why do you need y/n so much? Of all people, why y/n?" I asked, with my brows furrowed.

"You'll see."

Muzan had said that as if he already predicted what would happen, which i'm assuming he already did.

"Muichiro. Just—" Y/n sighed. "If anything bad happens, escape with everyone else."

"And leave you AGAIN? No, that's not happening."

"If that's how it is... then let the fight begin!" Muzan declared happily.

I unsheathed my sword and joined everyone in the back.

I gripped tightly onto my sword and closed my eyes taking deep breathe.

My main focus was y/n. Making sure y/n was safe. I couldn't possibly just hand her to muzan like a test subject for him to have.

Who was gonna make the first move?

What was muzans first strike going to be?

What was even our plan?

Why don't we have a plan?

Well, my plan is to just defend myself first and help others if they need it. Then I'll try to get y/n free so she could go back to headquarters.

3 demons suddenly appeared in front of us.

Was this some sort of decoy?

It didn't matter, I couldn't let my guard down. Muzan could possibly strike at any point.

"AHAHA!!" The demons cackled.

"I can handle the one to the right!" Shinobu volunteered first.

"I'll take the one in the middle," Sanemi said next.

"And I'll take the on the left then," Giyuu finally declared.

"The rest of you should try to get y/n." Shinobu pointed at her.

We all nodded and went to our assigned task.

We surrounded muzan and y/n.

Shinobu had already killed the first demon and giyuu as well. Sanemi was busy teasing the poor demon.

My group tried to get y/n, but demons spawned in front of us too.

What was he possibly doing? Making us kill more demons to just waste our time and slow us down?

We killed every one of them, but more and more kept coming.

"Yes, keep it coming!" Muzan said evilly, meaning his plan was working. "Revenge. Revenge!"

Y/n was struggling to free herself.

"Tsk tsk. You're being impatient y/n. Enjoy the show while it lasts." He pulled her shoulders back.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" I yelled.

I sliced through the last demon brutally.

"Muichiro. Calm down. Don't use up your energy. You're showing muzan exactly what he wants to see," Giyuu said fighting beside me.

"Your right." I took another deep breath and contiued fighting the demons.

After a good 20 minutes of fighting, the demons stopped spawning.

"Out of your little soldiers already?" Sanemi said, wiping sweat from his forehead.

"Hm. Impressive." Muzan checked his watch.

I watched him smirk.

"Actually," he said, pulling y/n up from her chair. "I have one more."

"He isn't gonna do what I think he is, is he?" Mitsuri gasped.

I felt frozen in fear. I needed to move. I HAVE to.

Everyone was ready to move. Swords in our hands and legs ready to run.

I felt myself burning with anger and fear at the same time.

"Meet one of my newest, yet greatest creations of all time!" He had blood dripping in the palm of his hands. "Her name is...."

"Y/N!!!" We all yelled.

—————————————————————————

A/N: if you see any grammar or spelling errors, just pretend you didn't see them cuz it's almost like 1 am here. i promise i'll fix them tomorrow!! i hope u enjoyed this chapter! love uu <33