Chapter 25: Here goes nothing

En başından başla

I held Allie close to me and shielded her from the possible impact.

I don't know how deep the water below is. If it's deep enough, we'll probably survive. If not, then we'll definitely meet our end.

Mabilis na nagtagpo ang aming sasakyan at ang tubig sa ilalim ng bangin. Allie passed out as our car slowly filled up with water. I leaned in our chair and grabbed her as we made our way out using the window.

Nang makaahon kami I saka ko pa lamang nakita kung paano kami nakaligtas ng dahil sa swerte. We are a few feet away from the rocky side of the cliff.

Allie remains unconscious as I make our way to the side. It won't be that long until they get here. Kinuha ko ang patalim mula sa bulsa at saka hinanap ang pilat ni Allie. There's no other place they can hide it aside from here.

Kung hindi ko maaalis ang tracker na nasa loob ng katawan niya ay hindi namin magagawang makaalis sa lugar na ito. We'll keep on running until there's nowhere else to run to.

Muli kong kinapa ang pilat ni Allie to feel any usual bump, which would tell me where the chip could be.

I could hear my heartbeat and the clock ticking with every press on her skin, but I couldn't find the tracker.

There is no GPS tracker implanted in a human body that is off the market. The technology that the world knows right now is already a decade late if not more. But how far ahead is Valhalla's technology? Nanotechnology, cloning, how advanced are they really?

"She has been marked since the day she was born. She's our little pet. "

I immediately checked her nape. I was about to lose hope when I found a scar hidden at the top of her nape just above where the scalp ends.

There you are! Stupid Allas.

I carefully placed the knife on her skin and traced the scar as carefully as I could. The tracker should lie just under the skin. Considering that they put it in one of the most delicate parts. My knife was able to make a shallow cut on her skin. The small amount of blood coming out of the small wound isn't helping at all.

With a little push on the side, it spits out a small chip, almost the same size as a grain of rice. Pumunit ako ng kapirasong tela sa kanyang damit at itinali ito sa leeg niya to stop the wound from bleeding. I threw the chip in the water and we swam our way to the other side. When we reached the land, I carried her on my back and ran as far as I could.

With additional weight on my back, running became even harder. I don't know how far we could go or if we would even be able to get out of here. Without a car or horse, our chance of not getting caught is next to impossible. With how we are now, we are just delaying what we are trying to avoid.

Sa bawat hakbang ay habol ko ang aking hininga. My knees are starting to give up by shaking a lot on every step. Hindi ko na nasisiguro kung mananatili pa ba akong nakatayo sa susunod na hakbang o pareho na kaming babagsak.

Before my body could even give up, I decided to hide in a hedge of bushes thick enough to cover us. Tumila na ang malakas na ulan at tanging ihip ng hangin at mga kuliglig na lamang ang maririnig.

I stayed focused and remained attentive to our surroundings. I think they haven't gotten this far or they followed the flow of water to where we landed when we jumped off the cliff.

I was sitting on the ground while Allie was lying beside me with her head on my lap. Her brows are drawn together as if she's having a bad dream. Involuntarily, my hands reached her brows and massaged them by lightly tracing their lines to remove the frown on her face. Maya maya pa unti-unti na ring gumalaw ang kanyang mga mata. I immediately removed my hand as if it touched a hot surface. Kasunod nito ay ang tuluyang pagmulat ng kanyang mga mata.

Confusion is plastered on her face but she didn't dare to say a word although I am much ready to shut her mouth. Instead, she sat down and started looking around.

Hindi pa din ako nakakaisip ng paraan kung paano kami makakaalis sa lugar na ito. All I could ever think of was to run and not get caught.

Sunod sunod na malalalim na paghinga ang kanyang pinakawalan. I guess tiredness and frustration have finally caught her.

"Bakit kailangan kong magtago? Bakit kailangang ako ang protektahan?" She asked softly, ngunit mababakas sa tinig niya ang pagkadismaya. Mas humigpit ang kagkapit niya sa laylayan ng damit na tila doon ibinubuhos ang galit at inis sa aming sitwasyon.

"Because that's the best that you can do." I said. Lalong humigpit ang kanyang kamao. She has to accept the fact that there's nothing much that she can do.

"Hindi." She firmly said. "Kailangan kong gumawa ng paraan. Hindi maaaring habang buhay akong tumakbo at magtago." She added at saka tumingin sa akin. In that stare, I see a burning passion. Iyong tipong hindi siya papayag na mabago pa ang nasa isip niya.

"Turuan mo akong lumaban." She said as she looked directly into my eyes.

"I don't help people, Allie. My only goal is to bring you to the base of the Evil Eye. If there's someone you want to convince, it's them. Sila ang tutulong sa iyo."How would she protect herself? What can her slingshot do to bullets?

"Ngunit mas may tiwala ako sa'yo!" She exclaimed, ngunit pigil ang lakas ng boses. Mas lumapit pa siya sa akin at hinawakan ang aking mga kamay as if my decision depends on how tight her grip is.

"I just used you as a shield, Allie. Kita mo ba iyong pulang ilaw na nakatutok sa'yo kanina? Baril 'yun Allie! And that, I didn't hesitate to shoot you in the arm." Itinuro ko ang may sugat niyang braso, but still she didn't budge.

"Pero hindi mo ako ibinigay. Kahit na maari mo na lang akong ibigay sa kanila para maligtas ka ay hindi mo ako binitawan. Halip na iwan at sumuko ay mas pinili mong tumalon sa bangin kasama ako. Iniligtas mo rin ako noong unang beses tayong nagkita. Noong mga panahong labis akong nalulumbay dahil sa pagtuloy na pagpapaalala ng tinuring kong kaibigan ang aking kaibahan ay sinabi mong hindi ako lubusang naiiba dahil sa ciudad ay may mga taong iba rin ang kulay ng mata. Hindi mo alam kung paano naalis ng mga binitiwan mong salita ang pangamba sa aking dibdib. " She said in desperation but at the same time assuring. Making me feel that she sees every detail.

"Bakit ba gusto mong ipagkatiwala sa aking ang buhay mo Allie?! I just hurt you! If they asked me to kill you, I probably would!" I said, slightly raising my voice.

"Probably. Walang kasiguraduhan." I was taken aback by her answer. Ngunit mas pinili kong hindi na lang sumagot. She could be stubborn. But not her stubbornness could make me change my mind.

Hindi nagtagal ay nakarinig kami ng yabag ng kabayo. They're finally here. Taliwas sa inaasahan ay isang kabayo lamang ang aking namataan. He was armed, which didn't surprise me. Inilabas ko ang aking baril at akmang ikakasa ito when Allie held onto my gun and pinned it on the ground.

"Sapat na bang patunay na kaya kong matutunang protektahan ang sarili ko kung magagawa kong maagaw ang kabayong iyon?" She asked staring right into my eyes. Her eyes sparkle, full of hope. I shouldn't trust anyone. Her move will either make it or break it.

Tinuring niyang pagsang-ayon ang hindi ko pagsagot sa tanong niya. Hindi siya nag-aksaya ng oras at inilabas ang tirador na nakatali sa kanyang baywang. She grabbed a stone and put it at the end of the rubber as she stretched the rubber and took aim.

The stone flew towards the man's head and knocked him cold. Ikinagulat ito ng kabayo kaya't nagmamadali kaming tumakbo bago pa ito tuluyang makalayo. I was able to get the horse and ride on it while Allie went straight to the guy to check if he was still alive.

A slingshot could be lethal, but it depends on the user, the target, and where you aim it.

Nang masiguro ang kalagayan ng lalaki ay kaagad din naman siyang lumapit sa akin. I lifted her up to ride on the horse at saka nagmamadaling nilisan ang lugar.

Her eyes are burning with passion and hope. The type of glare that's ready to do whatever it takes. Those that won't waiver.

And for the first time in a long time, instead of going with the flow, I am running against it. We are running against it.

I guess after all the offers were put on the table, hers was not needed, but something I wanted.

A big decision I will make, not because I was asked to, but because I want to.

Here goes nothing.