Chapter 21: Playing God

Trigger Warning:  Some scenes are not suitable for young readers. This chapter contains violence and foul words. 

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

- nanashi_21

I didn't know the weight of the things I was bound to face until today.

Napako ang paningin ko sa batang nasa loob ng mga malalaking sealed glass tubes. It really is a human created by another human. I still can't grasp the idea of how I am going to take this.

It was the same for that person who received my wrath for having the same face as my father.

Allas knew I wouldn't think twice about killing my father, kaya't halip na ipakita sa akin ang totoo kong ama, they showed me what they were working on instead. The success of phase I of their project. Cloning people.

Everything was just a test, and it is still pissing me off.

"Amazing, right?" Allas said as he looked at the same child.

"Playing God, aren't we?" I mocked him. He sneered at saka tumingin sa akin.

"Because why not? Bakit kailangan nating basta tanggapin ang isang bagay na hindi naman natin nakikita? Who knows? Maybe someone who wanted to be a God just created him and instilled the idea that there should only be one God and it's him. I think that's bullshit. "

"While here, you're seeing it with your two eyes. We will start another human race. Those whose existence is defined. People with a purpose. We will keep them existing. Just like you, Vougn. Don't you exist because Gavin told you so? And now that Gavin is not capable of giving meaning to your life, we are here to save you. Exist for us, Vougn. Live for us. " He added. Exist for them? Believe in this ideology? People like me? Am I really just the same as these people they created?

"Then what would be my purpose?" I asked. Tila nagnigning ang kanyang mga mata ngunit hindi kaagad sumagot. His answer could make or break what he has established.

"Have you been in a war? Most wars are won because of a great general. Strategists and kings can always come up with a great plan, but those who execute them, the way they wanted to, win the war. We want you to be that general. Wield your sword and fire your arms without a second thought, just like how you didn't hesitate to torture that man, despite knowing that he wasn't your father. We want you to win this war. " He said as he put his fist on my chest. I remained nonchalant and stared at him.

"And what is it for me? What does winning your war mean to me? " Ngunit halip na sagot ay ibang tanong ang kanyang ibinato pabalik sa akin.

"What does joining Gavin mean to you?" And that I can't answer, because it meant nothing to me.

Nang hindi ako makasagot ay makahulugang ngiti ang iginanti niya sa akin.

"Nothing Vougn. Our victory will mean nothing to you. But at least we gave you a purpose. You know, we can't let you live after all the things you knew. But it would also be a waste to just kill you. So, wouldn't it benefit both of us? You, helping us, and us, giving you purpose.

"You're still giving me my father's head." I said for finality. Lalong lumaki ang ngiti niya na tila ba nagtagumpay siya sa kanyang pakay.

I was about to leave when he stopped me.

"But you've got to prove yourself to us, Vougn." Hindi ko maintindihan kung para saan pa na kailangan kong patunayan ang sarili ko sa kanila ganung sila naman itong lumapit at humuhingi ng tulong. Did he have some faulty wiring in his brain?