Chapter 25: Here goes nothing

Tanging sukatan ng tingin ang nangyari sa pagbaba ni Allas ng sasakyan. Meanwhile, Allie hid behind me.

"I thought we finally had you, Vougn. What's with the change of heart?" Allas asked sabay kasa ng hawak na baril. I looked at the light on my chest. A sniper has still got his aim on me. Time. It has always been my enemy. But I guess it could also be a friend.

"I just thought that maybe I could have her for myself or ask for a greater demand." I answered and swiftly moved Allie in front of me para harangan ang sarili.

"I could pull my trigger faster than your sniper could pull his. Wanna make a bet?" Hindi ko na hinintay pa ako sagot ni Allas at saka dinaplisan si Allie sa kanyang braso. I squeezed her other arm to make her whimper louder. Panicked consumed Allas when he knew that I am capable of harming Allie.

He signaled the sniper to lower his gun, which he did. I guess Allas will always be the dumbest person in their organization.

"We can always find you wherever you are Vougn. You can't hide her from us. She has been marked since the day she was born. She's our little pet, you know? We own her." Paano? I have her checked bago kami umalis. The tracker is with Domi and Allie doesn't have anything on her... aside from that scar.

Shit!

I kept using Allie as a shield as I made our way in front of the door of the driver's seat.

"Find us then." Mabilis akong pumasok sa loob ng sasakyan pulling Allie with me and closing the car door. She's still sitting on my lap when I started the car. Nagsimula na din silang paulanan kami ng bala.

I swiftly moved her to the passenger's seat. She whimpered when her wounded arm bumped into the side, but she tried to hide it.

Patuloy pa din sila sa pagsunod sa amin. There's not much place to hide dahil hindi rin naman makakapasok ang sasakyan sa kakahuyan. Running won't be our best bet either.

Wala na akong makitang lulusotan namin when I saw another cliff in front of us.

"Vougn! Bangin na iyong nasa harapan natin!" She exclaimed. I looked at the rear view and side mirror. They're still on our tail. Bago pa kami tuluyang makarating sa dulo ay inihinto ko na ang sasakyan. I looked around, but it was still the same thing. We are trapped.

Nanatili kami sa loob ng sasakyan. Muli kong binuksan ang makina ng sasakyan at pinaandar ito hanggang sa matanaw ko kung ano ang nasa ilalim ng bangin. It's our only way out.

Either get out of the car and run or take the shortcut.

"Anong binabalak mo Vougn?" Puno ng takot na tanong ni Allie. Pabalik balik ang tingin niya sa akin at sa bangin sa aming harapan.

"Kung ano ang nasa isip mo." I answered as I put the vehicle in reverse. If I want to go far, I need momentum.

"Nahihibang ka na." Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko para alisin sa pagkakahawak sa manubela.

I grabbed her hands and pinned them on the side and looked at her eyes. It's the same expression she wore that night.

"Then can you assure me that they won't be able to get us if we get out of here and run?" I removed my grip on her when she was no longer resisting. Hindi siya nakasagot.

Bumaba si Allas mula sa sasakyan niya at muling pinaulanan ng bala ang bintana ng sasakyan.

I removed my seatbelt and flashed him a smile. Pinaatras ako ang sasakyan to get the momentum and stepped on the gas as I let ourselves fall from the cliff. Kasabay nito ay ang pagbaba ko ng bintana at pagbubukas ng air bag.