Chapter 23: Good in Evil; Evil in Good

Disclaimer:

Names, places and events used in the story are purely fictional and result of author's imagination, any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Vougn's POV

"What exactly did you do?" Inis na tanong ni Simeon.

Mag-iisang oras na mula noong nawalan ng malay si Allie. Dinala namin siya sa tree house at hanggang ngayon ay hinihintay pa rin namin siyang magising.

Well, she gave me no choice. When I found her in that place, she couldn't control herself. She can't even stand on her own.

"You shouldn't have brought her there." I answered instead.

"Siya ang nagkusang magtanong kung nasaan si Allas. She has her own plan. I commended her bravery, but it's not enough. But as a reward, I fed her curiosity. Isn't that nice of me? Besides, that's the reason I stole you from them. See? You saved her?" He said before he laid down and took a nap.

It has been a long day for me. Yesterday I was an enemy, and today I'm an ally.

I left Allie crying in my room. She's probably still shocked. Life is a cruel teacher, and she's just getting a taste of it.

"Well, that was... very Vougn, I could say." Hindi ko man lamang naramdaman ang presensiya niya. How long has he been listening? I would say since the beginning, based on his reaction.

Halip na sagutin ay nilagpasan ko lamang siya. He can listen as much as he wants. I'm just so tired.

Ngunit mukhang hindi pa dito natatapos ang gabi. He kept on following me, hanggang sa makarating kami sa tree house ni Allie.

"Is that your new role now? Ang bantayan ako? Are you that afraid of me?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No. It has been my role since the beginning. What you got wrong is to whom am I doing this for?" Kumalas ako sa pagkakahawak sa lubid na hagdan at saka siya hinarap. I scanned the whole place but it seems like no one is here. I don't sense anyone watching us unless he's as good as that nameless guy.

"What are you exactly planning, Simeon?" I asked. Bahagya niya akong tinabig at naunang umakyat ng tree house.

"To bring down Valhalla." he said as he ascended. Valhalla? Kaagad ko din siyang sinundan pataas.

"When Gavin's organization fell, I thought of starting a new life. But I realized right away that it's not for me. That's when "The Evil Eye" showed up. An organization doing all the dirty work for the government to bring down evil organizations." Bahagya akong napangiti sa sinabi niya. Akala ko ay ako lamang ang nag-iisip na hindi ako bagay sa mundong nakagisnan ng karamihan.

"The Evil Eye". The name sounds eviller to me than Valhalla. Is he sure he didn't mix up the names? So The Evil Eye is a villain turned hero? Sucks to be tied down to Human Rights and other Bills and Laws that would stop you from doing things that would stop those evil people.

"Government believes in "The end doesn't justify the means", or at least they just want to always keep their hands clean." I finally said.

"And that is why The Evil Eye exists. The government won't touch us. They're ready to turn a blind eye just to end the stuff they can't handle as long as it's for the good of many. They won't mind how dirty we'll play just to end those people like Valhalla. He replied.

"And why do you think I would like to be part of your plan?" Simeon is someone I can't read. He's been a loyal person to Gavin. A dangerous one to be exact. If we fight right now, it is one heck of a fight with no clear vision of winning.