Getting up out of my seat I roll my eyes at the disturbance of my peace, "what is it Nick".

He looks up at me thought tired eyes as he regains his balance and composure, "we have a request for you on a case".

God I'm not in the mood for this shit, it's 10:48 in the morning and I already wanna go home. Home that word always felt bitter on my tongue, I suppose because I always imagined a home being a complete family or a couple that completes eachother.

My face shrunches in thought as I really start to think on this subject, Fuck a family and a couple, home is what you make it to be it's when you're happy with yourself and-

My eyes lesurly scan to the room to find Nick standing my my office door still awaiting my response.

"I'm not doing any cases for the next 2 months you know that" I respond my tone a bit harsher than intended. "I know that and I told him that but he wants you specifically, he's willing to pay double whatever your price is".

That got my attention but I couldn't and I wouldn't although most importantly I don't want to. "No, tell him to pick my second best or whoever he wants in my firm if not he can respectfully get out of my building"

Nick seemed a bit off as he was looking at me like I'm crazy, yes maybe I am a bit but my own personal care comes before money, and two why would I put money first when I already have loads of it in my accounts. "B-but Aleyna thats-"

"I said what I said Nick, now I want you to have the rest of the day off and go get some rest you look like shit". I watch him as he raises a eyebrow in bemusement at my comment on his appearance, "wow thank u so much Aleyna" he says sarcastically with his hands in the air.

I spin on my heels walking back to my desk picking up my empty smoothie cup and salad container throwing them out in garbage, "your welcome" I comment as I grab my purse and papers out of my office. Deciding that I gonna finish the rest at home.

I glance at Nick still watching me like I'm crazy,
he looks like he needs to get laid or have some type of fun.

I don't even know why I'm talking because for some reason out of all the times in the past 4 years I tried to have sex it never worked out. My parents always taught me to save it until marriage since I was a little girl.

Saying that it will be better for me in the long run as well as the man I will end up with will respect me more because of it, So I guest everytime I was about to do it something didn't feel right and I just left.

Hmm I guess il find out if it was worth the wait one day, snapping out of my thoughts I finish packing up heading towards the door.

"Please get out of my office and I don't want to see you in the building for the rest of the day."

I give him a warning glance as he's just about to give me a rebuttal
we hold eye contact for a while until he eventuality gives up with a huff and a slight drop of his shoulders.

I smile as I get into the elevator "fine" he grunts out as he leaves I figure to go get his belongings from his desk.

I press ground floor yet just as the elevator is about to close a masculine hand stops the elevator from closing as they re open letting him enter.

The elevator door closes just as he moves his arm to reach over the buttons but stoped as he sees ground floor already pressed. The air becomes uneasy and tense as the elevator door closed.

He kept his gaze ahead of him but glanced once at me heels,

He was in all black from head to toe his dark brown hair laid messy on his head, and he had beautiful blue eyes with long thick lashes, as I couldn't take my eyes of of his sharp jawline and the rest-