♡ 33 | Reckless lover

Start from the beginning

"Stop...stop it Rika." You hear Okkotsu's voice pleading. But you're unable to see him anywhere. Does this mean you're in his mind? Cupping your hands together you begin to shout. "YUTA! YUTA WHERE ARE YOU?!" Your eyes frantically look around in the darkness. 

"Y/N?" Okkotsu's voice is clear in your ears. You call out for him again. "YUTA, IT'S ME. WHERE ARE YOU?!" You begin to run aimlessly, your chest heaving up and down roughly. 

Okkotsu's voice ceases and you only grow more frantic. You're so close yet so far from him. Is your strength dropping? Is that why you can no longer hear him? "YUTA!" You cry out his name once more, eyes squeezing shut. 

Suddenly you feel something cold beneath your feet. Your eyes snap open and before you is the person you're looking for. Okkotsu is covered with scars and blood. Dropping to your knees you quickly wrap yourself around Okkotsu who's kneeled over. "Yuta!" 

Okkotsu feels something warm against his body. The familiar sweet scent that belongs to Y/N fills his nostrils. Is he hallucinating things now? Slowly, Okkotsu unravels himself from his ball form. His eyes open to a sight he's unsure is even real.

"Yuta. Who's done this to you?" Y/N frantically looks Okkotsu over. Her fingers brush against his face delicately. How is this even possible? How is Y/N here? Seeing her face easily causes his tears to fall. His heart begins to race and his emotions are a mess. 

The fear of being around Orimoto begins to disperse when Okkotsu envelopes Y/N. He nuzzles his head against her chest. "I thought I wouldn't see you again." Okkotsu's voice cracks. His heart aches as he feels Y/N's warmth against his battered body. 

Your heart sinks when you hear the pain in Okkotsu's voice. You slowly stroke the back of his head while pressing multiple kisses to his forehead. "It's okay. I'm here. Let's get you out of here, okay?" 

"Not on my watch!" A shriek pierces out to cut your conversation short. In a flash a gust of wind flutters your hair wildly. Orimoto attacks you from behind. Okkotsu pulls away to look at you, his eyes bulging out of his head in fear. 

Your eyes drop down to see a dark red pool of blood beneath of you. There's a deep gash in your chest where your heart is. Too stunned by the sight, you just stare. "Y/N!" Okkotsu calls out to you frantically. You forget how to even breath. 

"Oh god. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE RIKA?!" Okkotsu yells out. The boy presses his hand against your chest with tears littering his face. Orimoto reveals herself before you as her cursed spirit form. "If I can't have you-- NO ONE CAN." Orimoto shrieks out.  

So Okkotsu's been trapped within his mind because of Orimoto. How is that even possible? Everyone believed she was dead. What's more odd is that her attack felt like nothing. You rest a hand on Okkotsu's shoulder, giving him a firm squeeze before standing up as if you don't have a hole through your chest where your heart is suppose to be. 

Okkotsu's wavering eyes stares up at you. He's just as confused as you are. The two of you seemingly forgetting this realm is not reality. You glare at Orimoto who screams when she sees you standing up against her. You stand in front of Okkotsu, shielding him. The only logical thing you can think of is defeating Orimoto in this realm. 

If she is to die, Okkotsu should snap awake from his coma. But do your powers work within someone's mind? You are barely doing this much as is. If you are to strain yourself further, what will happen to you? But those thoughts easily disperse when you look over to see Okkotsu. 

Orimoto's clawed Okkotsu up beyond belief. You can hardly recognize him with how much physical damage he's received. It's as if Orimoto's goal was to mutilate Okkotsu slowly. Clenching your teeth, you dig your fingernails into your palm. You don't feel the sting of how deep your fingernails are. Unsure of the repercussions that's happening to your actual body, you begin to focus on using your powers.