ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

𝚃𝚎𝚓𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Teja-Maa-" He stutters.

"KARAN-What happened?" I ask softly.

"NO FUCKING WAY, I'M GONNA SUE THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE, HOW THE HELL COULD HE SAY THAT ABOUT MA-nothing will happen to her" He runs his fingers in hair in frustration.

"What happened can you tell?" I ask curiously.

"We ARE LEAVING RIGHT NOW-" He says with pain evident in his voice, he tries to move away but I stand in front of him.

"Will you tell what's wrong?please?" I ask as softly I can, my mind is assuming the worst of a situation.

"Doctor said....she doesn't have...... more time..... left." He says, I understand from his face, he's not fine. He looks vulnerable, but he blinks his eyes, moves me aside and goes to the room to pack his suitcase.

I walk to the door to see his back facing me, while he's yelling at someone.

"NATE I TOLD YOU I want a flight right now!!"

"JUST FUCKING ARRANGE IT-it's an emergency." He yells

He puts the phone down, and puts his face in his hands.

should I go to him? Console him?

He quickly stops himself from a breakdown and stuffs things in his bag. He turns to get his laptop and that's when his vulnerable eyes meet mine. He gazes at me for a minute while I'm rooted in my place.

"Teja pack your bags, we are leaving." He says.

I nod my head and pack my things in the bag, while he too packs his suitcase. He clears out the messy room, while pacing here and there. I see he puts his laptop back in his laptop bag with trembling hands.

I go to him and hold him by his shoulders.

"HEY relax Ma is gonna be fine." I say to calm him down.

He looks at me with a storm of emotions evident in his eyes. I know he's trying hard not to break. He takes a deep breath and nods at me.

"Let's go." He speaks in a cheerless tone.

I nod at him, and we take the bags out, the whole trip is silent from the elevator to the car, from the car to airport. In the car, I see his fingers fidgeting in frustration, I so wanted to put my hand on his to stop doing that, but then I stop thinking it'd be too awkward or he might take it as a green flag, which I don't want.

So I decided to intertwine my pinky finger with his pinky finger. He looks at our hands and then at me with a questioning look. "It's gonna be fine" I whisper with an assuring expression. He nods at me and looks out of the window, avoiding eye contact with me, But he doesn't try to remove his little finger from mine.

We finally get of the car while I see him rushing to the airport, we walk till the airport with our little fingers interwined and I constantly gave him assuring looks. I don't know how to handle this, I've never lost anyone close enough to me, to know how to handle this.

We get seated in his private plane. While I decide to text Reyan about all the details.

Hey Reyan how's Ma?

Teja I don't know anything I can't understand anything. I can't lose her

Calm down, will you please tell me what happened?

The accident that occurred a week back caused a brain hemorrhage. The internal bleeding had gotten in control after the surgery and she was getting better, but now the doctor informed her internal bleeding hasn't stopped and its increasing rapidly, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. The doctors have lost hope. Dad has lost hope she herself has lost hope, and that's why she called bhai ASAP💔