ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

A sound of the bell ringing came through my ears. I stir in my sleep, but my lazy ass wouldn't get up, to check the door. I was sleeping on something hard, and then I realize I slept off on her door. The screeching sound of the bell rings for the third time, I was in no mood to get the door, so I continued sleeping. But then the door opens and I fall, and I look upto her face, she flinches seeing me there, but then regains her posture. Her puffed eyes indicated I made her cry. She looks at me without any emotions, we stare at each other for a minute until a human rings the bell again. I get up, while she gets the door.

"Uh HII Teja" I hear Nate say.

"Hi" She says just a freaking 'hi' with zero enthusiasm.

I walk to the door, to see Nate furiously looking at me.

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU KARAN?!" He shouts.

I glance at the wall clock to see it 10:50AM, while i had a meeting with Mr.Peter at 8:30AM.

"HOLY SHIT." I exclaim, I gesture him to come in, while Teja closes the door behind.

"I'm so sorry Nate I completely fell asleep, SHIT—" I apologetically say.

"Why the hell was your phone switched off? I had to literally handle there everything alone." He says. While Teja gives me a look, and then looks at him, and goes inside the room, slamming the door.

Nate gives me questioning look, of what happened to her? And I just frown at him, I rub my temple since my head ached. He looks around the living room, to see her purse completely emptied on the floor, while the cushions on the couch were torn.

He narrows his eyes at me. I'm sure now he's gonna ask a hundred million questions, so I gesture him to sit on the couch.

He sits expecting me to say something. I take a deep breath.

"Before starting with anything, first tell me how was the meeting?" I ask him.

"It went well, but I needed you to convince Mr.Peter more, since he looked hesitant. Also a big news" He pauses for a while and sighs "she's here."

I look at him, I know what he means by that, and fuck it, fuck everything.

"That arrogant asshole, Aiden is here with his whole team, along with the bitch." He says, Aiden Crude, My biggest business rival was here, to snatch this deal from me. Aiden was dating Nancy D'Souza, My Ex, my Ex Best-friend. She'd left me, for Aiden, so apparently me and Aiden weren't just Business Rivals. I gave a bitter expression. I don't know, how to deal with this shit. She's back, I don't want her back. She's probably come to destruct my life again.

I was lost in thoughts until Nate snaps his fingers in front of me.

"Karan we've to clinch the deal before they do!" He says worryingly.

"I know" I reply in a low voice.

"We have a meeting scheduled tomorrow with Mr.Peter at 9:00AM better be on time." He says.

"Yeah Okay" I say. I look down again lost in my thoughts about Teja and the bitch. The way my life is going a downhill since my marriage. Maa, then Teja and now the Crudes have come in between my work.

"Karan?" Nate says breaking my trance.

"Yeah?" I say.

"What'd you do? Why was Teja this way and  the condition of the room is so fucking bad, don't tell me you hit her again by mistake." He says in an annoyed tone. When I told him that I'd hurted Teja, he was so mad at me. But I couldn't help it, that day I'd seen Nancy and Aiden on a date together.