Nezuko

A sudden movement at Tanjiro's side made him jump. He'd been so focused on the kid's conversation he'd forgotten Nezuko was going to wake up.

"Nezuko..." he pulled her into a tight embrace and after a second she gently hugged him back.

When he pulled away something strange caught his attention. Not only did she not have Nezuko's scent anymore, but her eyes were different as well. They had lost the vibrant glow they used to have and looked more empty, like there was less going on behind them.

"How are you doing?" he asked gently, then, remembering the muzzle, asked instead, "do you still feel...like you?"

She thought for a moment, then nodded hesitantly.

The knot inside his chest loosened slightly.

Thank goodness.

"So were you really..." he looked around them, then lowered his voice just as Giyuu had done and finished, "a Titan?"

Again, she took a moment to think, but slightly longer this time, then nodded.

"How? I—" He sighed, closing his eyes in annoyance at their situation. "I'm sorry, you can't answer that, can you?"

A warmth on his head made him look up to see Nezuko smiling best she could around her muzzle. She lightly patted his head again.

It'll be okay, big bro.