Soldier

"G-get—away—" she choked out, giving Tanjiro just enough time to jump back before a tiny bolt of lightning blew down from the sky and struck her, blasting him away, along with not only the debris but also the titan behind them.

When Tanjiro regained his senses he was lying in the street, face up. He scrambled to his feet, blood rushing to his head and obscuring his vision for a few seconds. Once the stars were gone he ran back to his house, looking back and forth for any—

"Look out!"

Tanjiro barely had time to duck as the massive Titan hand swung at him. He rolled on the ground, hitting his shoulder painfully, finally pushing himself up to see a member of the garrison land in front of him.

The man had dark blue hair that stood out in random places, tied back into a loose ponytail. His eyes were a deep, serious blue, and he used them to glare at Tanjiro as he ordered, "get out of here."

"I can't!" Tanjiro cried, looking back into the broken wreckage of his house. "My sister—"

"Do you understand the situation we're in?" the man suddenly yelled, drawing his blades and advancing on the Titan without looking back. "You don't have time to worry about anyone other than yourself!"

And with that his gear attached to the building behind the Titan and he swung up, raising his blades. The Titan reached out towards him, but his gear switched directions and he easily swung his steel and sliced straight through the back of the Titan's neck. Its eyes rolled back in its head and it fell sideways, collapsing into the street with a hiss. The man kept the same monotone expression the entire time.