Forest

Whenever danger comes, it's always followed by the smell of blood.

Tanjiro Kamado frowned, wondering where the thought had come from. Danger, he guessed, would be the titans living outside the walls. If they came in then... no, the walls kept them safe. The titans wouldn't get in. It had been a long time since he'd smelled blood, and he wouldn't have to, he was sure of that.

He hefted his pack over his shoulder, starting home. As the eldest brother of the Kamado family, it was one of his responsibilities to gather firewood for their house, and this forest was one of the best places to do that. It was close to his hometown of Shiganshina; only a twenty to thirty minute walk away. Tanjiro never liked leaving his home for too long, but he knew he was of more use this way.

On his way back he caught a glimpse of red through the trees, and when he crept closer he saw two kids, one sleeping under a tree and the other watching. The girl who's red scarf had caught his eye had a serious look in her eyes as she watched the boy sleep peacefully. Her head snapped up as he approached and she put a finger to her lips.

Tanjiro nodded and turned back, deciding there was no point in disturbing the kid just to say hi. He wondered if they were there to collect firewood, just like he was.

But man, that girl sure noticed me fast. She must have super instincts or something.