39

JIMIN'S POV

We came back home from the terrace when I was greeted with a splitting headache.

"Namjoon sent us tickets for an art exhibition. Do you want to go?" Yoongi sounded tired.

"I do, but are you okay?"

He looked into my eyes and smiled. Yoongi gives me that reassuring smile only when he's not okay.

"I hope it rains tomorrow." he says looking outside the window.

I do too...

...

I was in a very familiar place. It looked like the same place I saw in those dreams.

This time there was no man, Yoongi too, wasn't there with me.

This time there was a woman, tall and lean with a warm and sad face looking at me with longing eyes.

She looked oddly familiar and when I looked closely, I recognized Oreo.

I smiled and called out to her but she cried and cried and cried. I tried to comfort her but she kept crying in my arms.

"I'm sorry Jimin."

"Why are you sorry?" Seeing her cry was breaking my heart.

"I wish I left when you asked me to, baby. I'm so sorry, mom failed you."

I felt like I couldn't breathe. Mom?

"Mom?" I called.

But she only cried. And I was crying too. It hurts everywhere. She's my mother. That's why Yoongi was hesitating when I asked.

"Why would you fail me mom?"

But I heard no response.

It was dark all around and all I could feel was pain. The pain mom was going through, the pain Yoongi was feeling from keeping all of it within him, the pain I was feeling. All of them added to a crushing feeling pressing up my chest.

I was taken back to that room, that same dream, where Yoongi walked away.

But this time I was calling out to him as loudly as possible. And I could hear him saying my name but I couldn't find him anywhere.

"Jimin! Wake up! You're having a nightmare." with one scream, I woke up.

I lay on my bed, hyperventilating, my vision blurry from the warm tears in my eyes.

All I could hear was Yoongi's and my sounds of breathing but everything felt so distant.

"Jimin? Are you okay?" Yoongi was crying too. I must have been screaming too loudly.

All these months I have never cried the way I am crying now. I was screaming with all the pain I was feeling. I cried holding Yoongi's hands tightly.

Yoongi pulled me closer to him and I cried on his shoulder.

I must have fallen asleep that way because I woke up lying on his chest. My eyes were stinging from crying.

Yoongi's eyes were red too. I wanted to go back to sleep but then I heard the thunder.

I walked to the balcony and saw the dark clouds above us. My heart gave a jolt when it thundered again.

All the fatigue I was feeling was gone. It's finally going to rain today.

I watched Yoongi sleep while writing in my journal. I wrote countless poems about the rain, about waiting for the rain and now I'm finally going to see it, with Yoongi.