Chapter 16: Surfaced

"Alright, you two explain this"
Aizawa waved the burnt notebook infornt of the couple, waiting for an explanation.

Inko and Toshinori stared at it obvious that they knew something.
They then went back downstairs to have a sit and proper talk in the living room.

Silence filled the room once more, inko started to sob as she stared at the burnt notebook Aizawa just placed on the coffee table.

Aizawa stared at them waiting. Crossing his arms. Giving them the floor to explain

" My son...He's quirkless. Three days ago
A villain i captured escaped from my grasp. It was then that coincidentally he changed his route on the way home.

The sludge villain must've hid from the gutters inside the tunnel he was going through. I noticed how long he was taking when the tunnel was only 3 feet in length.

When I came to take a look he was already being attacked, the villain forced his way in. Luckily I saved him in time. "

Almight started. Both Aizawa stared wide eyed at what Toshinori just shared.

" You didn't told me it was that serious Toshinori!" Inko then replied, distressed filled her teary eyes.

" I..I didn't thought it was that serious, he looked fine when I left..."

" Proceed" Aizawa then shut the two, as he demanded Allmight to continue.

" Right... After defeating the villain,  he tug my clothes and asked me Allmight, he's no. 1 hero if a quirkless person like him..could become a hero.."

Toshinori then paused, his eyes burned as tears slowly leaked out his tired baggy eyes.
Biting his lip, as he recalled the day he talked to his son. Now that he thought about it that was the only encounter they had throughout the years that was actually considered as a conversation.

A year after Izuku was deemed quirkless,  he was busy with his hero duties...no he wasn't busy, he let himself be busy so that he could not bare the guilt he felt.  he didn't want to look at Izuku.

everytime he stared at his son.....it reminded him how much fault he contributed towards Izuku's situation.
His heart aches everytime he sees his son staring at his sister with glowing eyes as she use her quirk.

" Allmight" Aizawa then called out in a low monotone voice. Irritation started to sink in.

" I..I told him that- That he should be more realistic and that he should not entertain those delusions of his , because quirkless people isn't fit to be a hero.."

Silence filled the small room.
As if all time stopped and listened, flabbergasted  to what Toshinori yagi just said.
Not even the birds and wind made a sound.

" you WHAT."
Aizawas eyes lit bright red.
His face painted with utter disbelief and anger. Who would've thought that Allmight the no. 1 hero would tell an 11 year old kid. His SON. That he could not be a hero because of not having a mere quirk.

Aizawa's ash tone scarf started to unravel. His hair stood up, clenching his fist. Ready to punch the No. 1 hero in the face for his idiocy and hypocritical beliefs

" A-Aizawa, you don't understand,  its dangerous for him..he's quirkless!, Im just trying to prevent him on being hurt!"

" By crushing his dreams just because!?" Aizawa shouts. He was  inches away on giving Allmight a blow on his  face.

" You were once quirkless Toshinori!, you know better than anyone what it felt  being deemed quirkless. Did you finally forgot where you came from just because you're now on a high horse!?"