SS - Nanami Minami: Date Preparation

"Minami-chaaaaan!! C'mere, I found something good!"

"Yes, mom..."

Sigh~

Right now, I was with my mom inside one of our local malls, shopping for some clothes to wear on my d-d..ate? Is it a date? Should I even consider it one? I wonder what Ayanokōji-kun thinks...

"Lookie!" Mom said, holding out...

"MOM!" I screamed. Is she serious? W-Why is she holding black l-l-lingerie in her hands!? I'm not gonna do that sorta stuff with Ayanokōji-kun! Seriously, just what is going on in that head of hers?

"Hmmm~? Aw, are you too shy for this stuff, Minami-chan?"

I grabbed the l-lingerie from her hands. Her antics were going too far!

"N-No! This is... We're not gonna do that!" My voice was raised, but not loud enough to disturb the other customers.

She smiled deviously. What is she going to say now...? Why does she always have the upper hand in these situations!?

"Are you suuure~?" She leaned in closer and peeked at my face.

"Get away! Are you gonna help me or not?!"

She held her hand to her mouth, stifling her incoming laughter. I'm not your personal entertainment, mom! 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Just a lil' bit of fun! Anyway—" she said, coughing once "—Minami-chan! I will make sure you conquer that boy's heart!"

"Could you please not be so loud?" I was able to glimpse several other customers staring weirdly at the two of us. This is terrible!

"Sorry~! For realsies now—"

"Mom, you're not that young anymore." "Realsies"? Really?

She made an obviously fake pout. "You're so mean! Hmpf!"

I'm honestly not sure if we're gonna make any real progress at this rate. She's just making fun of me the whole time!

"Alright, alright. I'll stop with the jokes." Her deviousness turned into a gentle smile. She's able to change really quickly when the situation calls for it. "I think this piece would fit you quite well... and this, maybe..."

"Are you sure? Isn't that a bit too bright?" She was holding up a white blouse with a keyhole top. It looked pretty good, but I wasn't too sure if it'd fit with the skirt I had chosen.

"I'm sure he'll like it! Just try it on."

I took the white blouse, turned it around and imagined myself wearing it.

Would this look good? Does he like this kinda stuff? Or something more frilly.. Something that shows more s-skin, maybe?

"I'll try it.." I said exasperatedly. I really felt like my mom's guinea pig. I've already tried on so much stuff, and so much of it was just for her own amusement! I wonder what this shopping trip's real purpose is...

I went into one of several dressing-rooms and changed out of my current sweatshirt into the white blouse mom had given me.

...

Hm. This isn't too bad. Yeah, if I change the skirt.. what about the shoes? Black boots?

"Minami-chan, are you finished?"

"U-Uh yeah, just wanna look at it myself."

"Alrighty~! Take your time. I'll look at other stuff, okay?"

"Sounds good!"

Even though I said all that stuff about my mom, she can get surprisingly productive. She's like me when I activate my "serious"-Mimimi mode and actually start working on my assignment. He-he, that reminds me of that one time in class with Tama-chan and Ayanokōji-kun... that was fun!