TWENTY-NINE.

[CRICKET'S CHIRPING]

[RATTLINGS]

🎶"Each morning I get up, I die a little, can nearly stand on my feet... Take a look in the mirror and cry, lord what are you doing to me!....
Lord!!!
Somebody!  Somebody! Anybody, find me!!  Somebody to love.!" 🎶   [HUMMING]  Kleo and Miriam hummed, dancing around the daffodils garden.

I walked with Miriam, just the two of us, trailed by two guards in the garden.

[LEAVES RUSTLING]

"Princess![PANTING] Your presence is required in the palace." One of the guards said.

"[GROANS] Thank you! I will be there in a minute."  She said groaning, she needed peace, A quiet time to think, but every time she wishes for it, there is always a call from her father or mother, or her sister bashing through the doors of her chambers.

*******************************

[FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING]

"Do you think this will be Zosar doings or...?"  She heard her mother talking. Zosar! What has he done? She wondered.

"Father! You wish to see me?" She curtseyed before standing upright to see the fear in her mother's eyes and disappointment in her father's face. 

"What's wrong?" She asked.

[SIGHS]

"Sit!" Her father said. She sat by the right hand of her father. 

" Dearest! [PAUSE] Your father and the lieutenant are to be present in court this noon and you will go." Her mother said, Kleopatra cocked her head, still not understanding what she had said.

"Darling, Zosar has taken the marriage deal to court and I am afraid he is doing it forcefully to get... you" Her father looked down in pain.

"Father! Mother! No, he cannot do that, they have got to be a way to stop his rationalized actions." She cried.

"We are not above the law, so we must be at court by noon, get ready."  Her mother said. Kleopatra stands to leave but her father calls her.

"Wait! There is something else." He said. She turned to listen to her father.

"The lieutenant has asked for my permission to propose." 

"So soon?" Her mother said in surprise.

"lan 'ujbir ealaa alzawaj min shakhs la 'arghab fi alzawaj minh , fa'ana la 'uhibuh ya 'abi."  ( I will not be forced to marry someone I do not wish to wed, I do not love him, papa.) She stormed out of the room. This was the first time after how many years she had spoken Arabic to her parents.  

********************************

[CUTLERIES TINKLING, PLATES CLINKING]

"Eating my first meal with my bride-to-be and her parents, indeed this is a great feast," Zosar says. [LAUGHS, SNORTY, BELCHING]

[SULTAN'S LAUGHING FORGEDLY]

"That's quite delicious [SIGHS]" The queen said watching the lieutenant rush his food, unmannerly.

"Your Majesty! The Prince wishes to see the princess." Ahmed walked into the dining room and bowed before standing upright to speak.