~CHAPTER 20~

"A smile can hide
So much pain"
-Unknown.
__________________
Song name: Rock with You
Artist(s): Micheal Jackson

Weston was signing some papers for approval for some huge project that is going to be funded by the government when the door suddenly barged open and in came his most trusted man with a panicked expression painted on his face, immediately alerting...

Weston was signing some papers for approval for some huge project that is going to be funded by the government when the door suddenly barged open and in came his most trusted man with a panicked expression painted on his face, immediately alerting the don.

"What's going on?" The icy cold voice of Weston boomed through the dark and quiet office making his men jump.

"We have company," as soon as those words were out of his men's mouths, Weston immediately jumped out of his soft, expensive, office chair with a gun, some ammo, and a bomb—just in case. 

The phrase we have company is a code phrase for the building going under attack. Weston immediately alerted his brothers, dad, and Zoe making them alert as well. They all—except for Christian— rushed towards the living room, waiting for the attackers to, well, attack the house.

Weston had also sent multiple guards on duty to protect the mafia princess, Ariana. Christian was also there making Weston a little less worried about his little sister at that exact moment since he trusted his brother with his life—obviously

Suddenly the door banged open making nearly all the Kingstons draw out their guns, including Zoe Kingston. She didn't become one of the best assassins and Mafia queens for nothing.

Shocker right?

They all started attacking the enemies. Preston used his knife and sliced off the men's necks then threw the knife at one of the men trying to attack his dad from behind.

'Pathetic' He thought looking at the dead man on the ground who had no guts to kill the ex-don in the face. Sebastian gave him a nod of approval before going back to fight the other men who are wanting him dead.

Weston, on the other hand, had run out of his ammo and therefore had to fight everyone by hand since he had no daggers as well. He then looked around and saw that Samuel had a lot of people fighting against him and he was getting overpowered.

The don immediately got angry at someone attacking his younger brother so he took a rope that he found on the floor and started using it to help him. Then he saw a dagger and threw it at the last guy fighting with Samuel.

Samuel gave Weston a grateful smile making Weston's mouth twitch a bit before returning Samuel's gesture with a curt nod.

Alexander and Alessandro continued fighting other men with Zoe who elegantly threw daggers around the room making them very impressed. They knew she was good but not this good. They all then made the last man go unconscious which made them drag him to the living room.

Weston ordered all his men to clear the room before he spotted his brothers and mother dragging an unconscious body toward him.

He smirked wickedly ordering one of his men to give him some water. Using it, he splashed it on the man, making the latter groan and look up instantly getting scared seeing Weston Kingston.

"Why did you attack us?" Weston asked. The guy kept quiet looking down.

"Fucking Answer!" Alexander snapped making the guy flinch. He somehow looked up, finding newfound confidence, sending a small smirk.

"Be careful f-for the prin-princess. He is coming fo-for her. Che-check the news," He said but got shot by none other than Zoe. She was angry—scratch that— she was furious. No one dares to threaten her daughter in front of her. Especially if it was from him.

No one.

But she had a hint of fear of what the man said, hidden very well.

'Please not be him' Zoe pleaded in her head, tucking the gun back in her waistband.

Suddenly Weston heard his name being called so he went to see. He then realized the person who called him was Christian. He barged into the room and what he saw, broke his heart.

There was Ariana, shaking in fear. He went towards her but she backed away towards the wall, making him feel sad and hurt. The look on her face made Weston know what Ariana wanted at that moment.

"ZOE!" He shouted making Zoe run towards Ariana's room. Weston and Christina went outside, Christian explained to him everything, guilt eating him alive. Weston was mad at him but then remembered something more important at the moment. So Weston, with, Christian, went downstairs and Weston turned the TV on making everyone in the room confused.

***

Ariana had been in her room for an hour and now she decided to go downstairs. Little did she know that it was going to change her life forever.

She went downstairs to the living room and saw that the TV was on. She went to sit on the sofa, receiving concerned glances from the family.

"Are you okay Ari?" Sebastian asked softly making her nod her head still looking at the TV screen.

Suddenly the news anchor said something making both Ariana and Zoe's eyes widen so big making the boys a tiny bit confused.

"A prisoner had escaped the high-security prison for kidnapping and abuse. This event had happened around the morning," The female news anchor said, looking at the camera.

"He is now currently wanted and is getting searched by all the police. Please tell us if you find out," The male anchor said.

Suddenly a picture popped up on the screen making Ariana look at it in fear. Her clammy hands shook slightly. She would have dropped on the floor if she weren't sitting down. Her head started spinning.

 It was him. He had escaped prison and now is roaming around the streets of New York.

"Hey wasn't he the one who got in prison for kidnapping an eight-year-old girl for three years, abusing her to no end?" Samuel asked casually letting Ariana stiffen up.

'I guess it is time to let it out for once,' Ariana thought taking a deep breath in and a deep breath out. Zoe knew exactly what she was going to do so she kept quiet.

"Th-that girl w-was me," Ariana said shakily making the heads of all boys turn to Ariana in nothing but shock and plain anger.

'Oh boy,' Zoe thought knowing exactly what was going to happen now.

Word count: 1,047 words

Publish date: 30th/ July/2022
Edited

A/N: Hey people! sorry for the late update. had to catch up on education. Btw.. thanks for nearly 1K votes! I appreciated.

Happy Readin!